Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: What Smoke/CO detectors?

Quote Originally Posted by Croftie View Post
    Think you will find post #9 is about CO alarms where as the link from jrudge for the FireAngels are smoke alarms so different regs.
    Doh, my bad. The difference had also been discussed in the following posts, but I read too fast - sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by A1GSS View Post
    My FireAngel CO alarm is clearly marked on the packaging.
    If you don't mind me asking, which model are you using?
    And do you possibly know if it interconnects with the WST630 smoke alarms of the same brand, as posted by jrudge?
    That would be a useful integration!

Hi MapisM, it's a CO-9B which is a standalone unit.
    Graham. Bavaria 42 Vision, "Scala" for sale.

Removed

Sorry to resurrect and old thread but I am interested in the Fireangel wireless range.
    Im thinking of installing a wireless smoke alarm in the main saloon and a wireless heat alarm in the engine bay. Is this a good idea? I thought that a smoke alarm would be unsuitable in the engine room as there are fumes and small amounts of smoke there from time to time.
    Has anyone any experience of fitting these and where did you put the units?

yep done that, fitted a fireangel wireless smoke alarm in the cabin and engine bay (not a heat alarm) several years ago and not had any false alarms. Like you I thought a normal smoke alarm might be affected by fumes etc, but decided to give it a go and had no problems at all.

However, don't believe the fireangel 10 Year Life, mine lasted I think less than 3 years, but replaced with another fireangel wireless as I couldn't find any other company selling wireless smoke alarms like Fireangel.

Worth fitting for peace of mind, great idea that if the engine bay fireangel alarm is triggered it also sounds the cabin alarm. Otherwise I would not hear it over the engine.

If a diesel engine were the only potential source of CO then would there be any need for a detector? Diesel fumes accompanying the gas is very smelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Sorry to resurrect and old thread but I am interested in the Fireangel wireless range.
    Im thinking of installing a wireless smoke alarm in the main saloon and a wireless heat alarm in the engine bay. Is this a good idea? I thought that a smoke alarm would be unsuitable in the engine room as there are fumes and small amounts of smoke there from time to time.
    Has anyone any experience of fitting these and where did you put the units?
    I did the same a couple of years ago with combined CO2 and Smoke detectors. They seem to work well. The ER one went off when I had an exhaust leak

Quote Originally Posted by Zing View Post
    If a diesel engine were the only potential source of CO then would there be any need for a detector? .
    No

Beware of CO alarms that are advertised as suitable for boats but turn out to be not so.
    I made this mistake.
    The retailer said Amazon add advertising which in this case was not accurate . Amazon did refund me .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast