Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Leaving Spain ahead of Bexit

Quote Originally Posted by Cheery View Post
    Surely any tax (as a penalty for Brexit or Gib) would have to be levied on all boats, German, Dutch etc. It would be difficult, legally, to apply it to the vessels of one particular nation.
    It's difficult to second guess what form any action would take, but as I say Spain has form for scouring it's old legislation and applying it inconsistently. Things could get pretty heated as the EU has given Spain a veto over Gibraltar in the final Brexit deal, but May has promised to include them. If the gloves are off, who knows what actions the Spannish government could take?

Spain might have to consider what would happen to it's fishing fleets in UK waters if it became too boisterous over Gibralter.

For better or worse a post-Brexit Britain in theory should recover full control over it's waters, after all this is what it was all about wasn't it? Although knowing this lot I'm confident they'll find a way to fumble even that simple act of self-determination in front of the goal.
    Boogeying, head down, in mindless, no-nonsense sort of way

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher 3 View Post
    Is registering it in Spain an option?
    Probably not

When I last looked into it, you have to have a Spanish Captain's licence to drive any Spanish vessels.

I remember the MAT tax in Spain , all that did was create empty berths and shaft the Spanish and economy even deeper in the red, great thinking that was , probably some Brit thought that one up.
    No one seems to create anything that works these days in politics, I'd wait until we def know we are leaving the EU, if Corbyn gets in it might be reversed !!

If Corbyn gets in Brexit will be the least of your worries. Millionaire boaters will be lined up against a wall and, well, you get the gist.
    Oaf Orfe Hooks Hake

Quote Originally Posted by Cheery View Post
    If Corbyn gets in Brexit will be the least of your worries. Millionaire boaters will be lined up against a wall and, well, you get the gist.
    Cayman Islands Reg will ballon ,and A N other domain(s) that doesn,t publically publish the names of the directors (read owners ) of the entity that "owns" the boat .

So he will need to shoot every one ,cos he won,t be able work out who these boat owners are .

There,s a thought for anyone getting Brexit jitters ,worrying about Spain digging up some ancient boat tax to punish only Brits ( not staying in EU members ) -cos they can,t get Gib back and we have told them to go fish somewhere else ,not in UK waters .

Nothing happens in Spain until it does !
    There will be no instant decisions no closed borders and plenty of time to react in the event .
    Chill out let's wait and see
    Steve

I am now registered UK, however Dutch registration may be on the horizon. there is always a solution, Spain wants the money

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234