Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Farewell, old tub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadenough View Post
    Lovely boat but it is still GREEN. A colour that should be reserved for natural things.
    Like the Green party....

Congratulations P, and great boating in your new tub.

We just completed the sale of our beloved Breaking Bad and she is now someone else's charge; a sad day indeed, nothing good about it.
    The prospect of a new boat and more adventure to come sweetens the pill of course - but there are a lot of memories in that lump of plastic.

A thread like this isn't complete without a nice photo to remind you.

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    So much for the saying that the best days of boat ownership is the day you buy and the day you sell! .
    I always think its the same with wives

Bittersweet day, but at least the new owners will have access to 17years of technical support close at hand!

Hi P,

I know the feeling well. Swmbo has cried each time we've handed over a boat to the new owner. It's the memories of good times onboard and the thought of loosing them with the boat that cause the sadness. If it's any consolation, i've found that the memories of good occations onboard stay clear in the mind even if the details of past vessels start to fade away.

Following Hurricanes example, here's a clip of her and certainly memories that will not fade away from our minds.

Wow folks, I'm touched. Many thanks for the tributes, also on behalf of the old tub.
    She never bothered learning to speak EN, let alone reading the forum, but I'll tell her about your comments - I'm sure she will appreciate!

She's certainly a lovely boat......but, just think of those days you wood be tied up with remedial work.

Now you'll be out on the new girl instead......surely that wood be better?

Actually, I can't remember to have been unable to use the old tub due to unpredicted remedial work - most of what she needs is just regular, constant care.
    Not that this makes timber boats maintenance less demanding, anyway!

And yes, in principle the hope is that the new girl will be easier in this respect.
    Not at the moment, though... She's currently sheltered with several refitting works going on.
    Mostly things already planned, but some are taking longer than expected, and some others were added in between, along the lines of "while we are at that..."
    Ain't that funny? With boats, you make plans (both in terms of time and costs), and eventually you always change them - only in one direction, needless to say!

Apropos, apologies to everybody for not having posted a proper "New Toy" thread, as other folks recently did.
    Aside from having been (and still being) pretty busy, any pic I could take now would only show a mess just about everywhere...
    Will do as soon as she'll hit the water again - hopefully before the end of the summer...!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12