Default Crew available for weekend sailing - Day Skipper level

Hi there,

I'm a recently qualified Day Skipper and looking to get some more sailing experience. I'm based in London but prepared to travel for the right opportunities.

I'm currently looking for opportunities to get some mileage during the weekends (Fri-Sun).

About me: I'm 33 year old Brazilian living in the UK for the past 7 years, non-smoker, reasonably fit. Keen to learn and help. Happy to pay contributions towards involved costs of the trips.

Happy to cook, to clean, to keep watches, name it. Never experienced serious seasickness before.

I started with sailing about a year ago, sailed monohulls a few weekends as crew in the Solent last winter/spring and really enjoyed.

I'm good to travel as far as Portsmouth/Gosport areas, so Brighton, Dover anywhere really within 100 miles of London should do.

Anything you want to know about me please reply here, or PM me.

Regards,

Rubens

Default Re: Crew available for weekend sailing - Day Skipper level

Hi Rubens, it's a year on from your post but are you still interested in crewing? I'm 66 years young RYA Yachtmaster, have a Westerly Pentland at Gillingham Marina on the Medway and am looking for a regular sailing companion. Many years of experience UK coastal, some cross-Channel and one transat. Initially it would be local sailing on the East Coast but I am hoping to do longer trips, possibly to the Med.

Pics of me and the boat available.

Kind regards

Chris

Have you thought about Greenwich Yacht Club, as you are London based. Crewing opportunities there.

Hi Chris,
    Sorry to hijack your post.
    I was wondering if you were still looking for a sailinging companion?
    I have a bit of experience but really looking at gaining more. I live in Chatham and also have a 21ft Jaguar fin keel on a swinging mooring outside hoo. Would really like to get in some more sailing with more experienced persons and available possibly once a week if you keen. Happy to do all the dog work, have all my own gear aswell.
    Charl