Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Vasiliki - New Marina?

I live it as a place to anchor and dinghy ashore - fierce winds during the afternoon so few boats but great holding then a lovely quiet night and morning

Here's the latest photo of the marina, c/o Mr Heikel, no less....
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was there once and the wind blew 30+ knots in the afternoon.
    I guess I am going there again. where is the best place to anchor (mind the wind and the windsurfers)?

If you want to anchor most of the bay is suitable, not to deep, most favour being closer to the harbour/new marina You will have windsurfers and dinghys coming around you but that is part of the fun. It will blow in there most afternoons, they call the wind Eric it comes from the west and funnels down the hillside on the opposite side of the harbour. It can be strong but there is plenty of room to let out lots of chain and good holding,so should be no problem. Normally dies dow late afternoon/early evening.
    Alternatively you can go stern to in the old harbour but you are charged there now. There is 'free water' on the quay

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jordanbasset View Post
    If you want to anchor most of the bay is suitable, not to deep, most favour being closer to the harbour/new marina You will have windsurfers and dinghys coming around you but that is part of the fun. It will blow in there most afternoons, they call the wind Eric it comes from the west and funnels down the hillside on the opposite side of the harbour. It can be strong but there is plenty of room to let out lots of chain and good holding,so should be no problem. Normally dies dow late afternoon/early evening.
    Alternatively you can go stern to in the old harbour but you are charged there now. There is 'free water' on the quay
    Agree with all of that and the windsurfers appreciate it if you stay over towards the town harbour side of the bay so they can do their thing unimpeded. I really like the town and the atmosphere during the speed guys season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12