Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: Somewhere to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewriches View Post
    Carvery!?!?! I'm all over it now
    Choice of beef/pork/chicken and as much vegetables as you can eat....

Quote Originally Posted by MoodySabre View Post
    In Burnham we have much enjoyed The Oyster Smack and the food in The Ship Inn (opposite the tower in the high street) was absolutely fab - small portions of high end stuff but four all had something different and we all raved about it. Neither are cheaper but I'd wanted to save money I've have stayed at home
    I agree on the Ship, most Adnams owned pubs do really good food, but I've never been thrilled with the Oyster Smack either before or after its reincarnation as a quality place a few years back. We all have our own tastes.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    So, on a more positive note: if in Titchmarsh and don't mind a longish walk, go to the Walton and Frinton Yacht Club. Lovely place. If you are brave, skip Titchmarsh and lock into the Walton Basin right next to the club.

www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk
    I heartily agree with this recommendation. A standing annual date for the last trip of the year in my previous boat, a Westerly Storm, was a short passage to moor up alongside the W&FYC for a hearty lunch. Needed a good lunchtime tide, but it worked out well on most occasions. The only time it didn't, the tide was perhaps a bit too good - we came out of the club in good cheer to find Stormalong floating over the road - took some head scratching to get us back aboard, after which we got safely back to Levington.

That experience didn't deter us from returning the following year with rather more careful assessment of the predicted tide height and mooring technique. the clubs catering never failed to satisfy.

Peter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456