Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    North Wales, sailing Aegean Sea or Menai Strait

Default Re: Shocking shrinkage of Yachting Monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbleDuck View Post
    As far as I remember, they include a guide to laying up and a review of devices for recovering MOBs.
    No doubt there are similarities but the detail will be very different. This is what magazines are good at - updating us on new developments.
    Answers to some technical queries at http://coxengineering.sharepoint.com

Quote Originally Posted by vyv_cox View Post
    No doubt there are similarities but the detail will be very different. This is what magazines are good at - updating us on new developments.
    I'm not being all argy bargy but the magazines aren't good at that stuff - they're much better at the stuff this forum does, tips, tricks and new gear. We've gone round in circles a couple of times already but if they were great then they'd have healthy readership levels, there are magazines with healthy circulation figures; but their quality reflects the pitifully small circulation figures. More people live in Portslade-by-Sea than read Yachting Monthly, which at its height had a bigger readership than the population of Newcastle. Sad, but I checked. They've been swamped by the internet and utterly, utterly failed to adapt. And again, another thread with ex-subscribers turning up to explain why we don't buy them anymore and the writers turning up to tell us we're wrong; I wish you'd listen to your customers, I want the magazines to thrive not die.

Quote Originally Posted by Colvic Watson View Post
    I'm not being all argy bargy but the magazines aren't good at that stuff - they're much better at the stuff this forum does, tips, tricks and new gear. We've gone round in circles a couple of times already but if they were great then they'd have healthy readership levels, there are magazines with healthy circulation figures; but their quality reflects the pitifully small circulation figures. More people live in Portslade-by-Sea than read Yachting Monthly, which at its height had a bigger readership than the population of Newcastle. Sad, but I checked. They've been swamped by the internet and utterly, utterly failed to adapt. And again, another thread with ex-subscribers turning up to explain why we don't buy them anymore and the writers turning up to tell us we're wrong; I wish you'd listen to your customers, I want the magazines to thrive not die.
    What 'e said, in buckets.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567