Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Corfu - mostly
    Posts
    5,383

    Default Re: 20€ berthing fee at Sivota Mourtos town quay

    Still free on the town quay in nearby Frikes last night.

    We went there after finding Sivota jamb packed full. So much for the deterrent effect of any charges.

    (But there were TWO flotilla fleets in Port Leone the previous night. I've never seen them there before, owing, if nothing else, to the total absence of tavernas. Charter companies trying to save the odd bob on moorings perhaps?)

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Med
    Posts
    6,225

    Default Re: 20€ berthing fee at Sivota Mourtos town quay

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewB View Post
    Still free on the town quay in nearby Frikes last night.

    We went there after finding Sivota jamb packed full. So much for the deterrent effect of any charges.

    (But there were TWO flotilla fleets in Port Leone the previous night. I've never seen them there before, owing, if nothing else, to the total absence of tavernas. Charter companies trying to save the odd bob on moorings perhaps?)
    Andrew There no charge at sivota , if they did that I think it kill the place off , just like it would kill off Frikes if they started to charge there .other then the restaurant there nothing there , you can't even walk out of the place without walking over that steep hill ,
    Once and I am going back. Alots of year ,we loved the place , a good and safe bay , now it just a sheep den , the quay is taken up up the restaurant pontoon , four now which mean unless you want to eat in there places you can't use them ,
    the little boat Rental now taken up another part of the quay , as most know there a large chain that been left being in another part of the bay and if you happen to get caught on it , there no way of getting off other then a diver a cost of 100 euros at less ,
    yannis who owns one of the taverna , is one of the rudes loud mouth guy anyone would want to meet , bad enough he wouldn't let anyone moor out side his taverna unless it was a fleet of charters , now his pontoon have has taken up more room . I don't think there ever been a time when we not heard him shouting out some one .
    So personally I give the place a miss , we only ever go there now if a good friend who love the place ( yes you Neil) happen to be there .
    As for port Leone , it's a anchorage charter boat have used for a long time now , they tend to have BBQ there , althought I wish there would clean up there bloody mess after they leave paper plates and cups every where ,
    Ok I know I have a bee in my bonnet about charter company's , but it's not for nothing , there so many now they have taken over many quays , stamped prices up , some not all leave a mess where every they go and the nosie pollution can at times be worst then the music out of some bars ,
    now they made thing a lot worst as they gone into charting Cats .
    Why do you think these free harbours are now charging these fees , it's not the private boats that cause the problem .
    6/8 people on a boat , what 20 euros between them 6/8 and these charges will continue to go up , I lay money on it ,
    until the bubble burst .
    And it only seen to be in Greece there these problems ,
    there charters else where in the Med and the problems as no where as bad .
    I counted two more charter company that spring up from last year .
    Last edited by sailaboutvic; 15-07-17 at 06:04.
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: 20€ berthing fee at Sivota Mourtos town quay

    Hi Guys.
    Thanks for the comments and info.
    For Andrew, the Sivota I first posted on was on the mainland n of Parga, Sivota Mourtos.
    The port police lady was sympathetic, but hands tied. In my indignation and innocence I did leave a written compyabout the guy collecting fees with no ID. So far the only place we've been charged.
    cheers ��
    Phil

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Corfu - mostly
    Posts
    5,383

    Default Re: 20€ berthing fee at Sivota Mourtos town quay

    Quote Originally Posted by Newboy6458 View Post
    Hi Guys.
    Thanks for the comments and info.
    For Andrew, the Sivota I first posted on was on the mainland n of Parga, Sivota Mourtos.
    The port police lady was sympathetic, but hands tied. In my indignation and innocence I did leave a written compyabout the guy collecting fees with no ID. So far the only place we've been charged.
    cheers ��
    Phil
    Apologies, I regularly get confused between the two. We were headed to Sivota Mourtos from Gouvia last week, but a wind-shift sent us to Lakka Bay instead. Just as well, by the sound of it.

    (Thanks also Sailaboutvic, for the information above).

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: 20€ berthing fee at Sivota Mourtos town quay

    No probs Andrew, merely clarification, certainly no criticism intended.
    Lakka was on our to do list but with only one week available didn't happen this time.
    Having followed this particular forum, with a bit of envy as my wife is still tied to the day job, I just wanted to put some info back in.
    ATB guys
    Phil

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    18,583

    Default Re: 20€ berthing fee at Sivota Mourtos town quay

    Heaps of places to anchor around Sivota Mourtos, but leccy and water is available on the town quay, I don't eat there, as I haven't found a decent restaurant yet and I have persevered! I never tie up to the town quay, as it always seems to be bumpy!
    If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Back where I belong... Corfu
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: 20€ berthing fee at Sivota Mourtos town quay

    Col, the Bamboo Palace is pretty good for cocktails, to watch the amazing sunsets, and George's is probably the best restaurant in town.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    32,180

    Default Re: 20€ berthing fee at Sivota Mourtos town quay

    Quote Originally Posted by Cariadco View Post
    Col, the Bamboo Palace is pretty good for cocktails, to watch the amazing sunsets, and George's is probably the best restaurant in town.
    agree with Bamboo Palace. Is the restaurant on the eastern end of the main strip (forget its name) still going?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,243

    Default Re: 20€ berthing fee at Sivota Mourtos town quay

    I'm in Gaios, Paxos, at the moment. In a moment of madness moored on the town quay rather than anchor and lines ashore outside as I normally do because I have guests with me. Charge was 27euros for the night! Collected by a serious looking lady dressed as though she is in the UK Borderforce. The most unpleasant night I've had this year with loud noise all night. Food is poor and overpriced in the restaurants I've tried as well.
    Certainly won't be back on the quay again even though it is a good stop off point on the way to and from Corfu.
    Leaving with no regrets in the next 30 minutes

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Med
    Posts
    6,225

    Default Re: 20€ berthing fee at Sivota Mourtos town quay

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasarell View Post
    I'm in Gaios, Paxos, at the moment. In a moment of madness moored on the town quay rather than anchor and lines ashore outside as I normally do because I have guests with me. Charge was 27euros for the night! Collected by a serious looking lady dressed as though she is in the UK Borderforce. The most unpleasant night I've had this year with loud noise all night. Food is poor and overpriced in the restaurants I've tried as well.
    Certainly won't be back on the quay again even though it is a good stop off point on the way to and from Corfu.
    Leaving with no regrets in the next 30 minutes
    We May be heading west later this year but if I was to stay in Greece Gaios is one place I won't be visiting again .
    One of the biggest new rip off harbour charges in Greece .
    I have to laugh when I read here , that these charges are good valve .
    More money then sence come to mind .
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to