Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334

Default Re: Andiamo - Let's Go!

Wow thats a lot of growth on the drives,how long has it been in tbe water for them to get like that?

Ive said tbis before on here,but my drive doesnt get anywhere near as fouled up as that from april to october.

Quote Originally Posted by julians View Post
    Wow thats a lot of growth on the drives,how long has it been in tbe water for them to get like that?

Ive said tbis before on here,but my drive doesnt get anywhere near as fouled up as that from april to october.
    Since the 22nd October! Apparently the fouling is worse in the Summer (eek)!

Yep - thats about right for the growth.
    Thats the bad news - the good news id that there won't have been any antifoul on the drives.
    Antifoul works in SC - just as long as you can keep it on there.
    So hull growth isn't usually that bad as long as you have antifouled it.
    The real ?ugger is the underwater metal work - without any antifoul protection, it grows - and grows.
    That said, the lift and scrub is really cheap - in fact we get one free lift and scrub each year anyway.

Glad you and SWMBO enjoyed SC
    It is a quiet (and very) Spanish resort.
    And a strong British community there now - lots of friends - we all love it .
    We meet up when away - either when away cruising or (for example) Christmas Parties back in the UK - this year, we took over a Hotel near Winchester.

Putting a bag round the props should be a 10 min job and hopefully I can get the anti foul to stick on the rest of the boat. You're right about it being VERY Spanish, we've having to brush up on the basics (menu, toilets, large, small, beer, wine, etc) as even some of the young people seem to speak absolutely no English. That's fine though, it's Spain after all (a Thai and somewhere to buy a cooked brekkie would be good though)!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    I don't know if its my pc, the photo or something else, but the freshly cleaned/abraded bits do look a bit "pink" to me.

Not sure when you are planning next to lift and pressure wash the hull, but in your shoes I would be thinking about replacing the thru-hull, valve and 90deg bend sooner rather than later. All IMHO, of course.

PS The boat looks great and completely at home!
    +1 to all that, PS included!

Btw, I suspect that the 90deg bend is not the same material as the valve.
    Brass and DZR respectively, I'd dare guessing...

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    The local VP dealer had replaced two of the drive trim relays so these are now working as they should. With everything working, I had a play with the drive trims at speed and the boat seems to like the drives being trimmed right in (-4) when on the plane. Surprisingly this gave an extra 2 or 3 kts over trim at 0. I'd be interested if other owners experience the same? The boat seems to be lack any noticeable heel so I tend to keep the trim tabs fully retracted in calm seas.

For the first time since we've had the boat the s/b hour counter came to life.
    Pete
    After 5 years of playing around and thinking I was doing something wrong I concluded that my T34 with KAD42/43 didn't need any drive trim adjustment from -4 except in shallow water. So I would agree with your quick assessment.

re s/b hr counter coming back to life - well presume thats warmer climates! And will save you many £s !!

BT

Our old Targa 35 was the same. Trimming the legs made no difference so kept them tucked right in. Previous owners advised that this was the case and they were right!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    I don't know if its my pc, the photo or something else, but the freshly cleaned/abraded bits do look a bit "pink" to me.

Not sure when you are planning next to lift and pressure wash the hull, but in your shoes I would be thinking about replacing the thru-hull, valve and 90deg bend sooner rather than later. All IMHO, of course.
    They're not pink, it's just my crappy phone that gives that impression. I'll look into replacing them regardless.

Pete

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334