Default Anyone travelling through Athens airport in the near future?

My 9 year old left his brand new phone on the flight to Athens on route to our sailing holiday and it is now at the lost property department at the airport.

From the UK, the cost for a courier to collect it there is excessive compared to the £100 value of the phone i.e. £30-40 when booked from the UK.

Is there anyone here who will be travelling back from Athens in the near future and who would be willing to bring the phone back to the UK for us, please? Happy to arrange collection from the UK somewhere.

Default Re: Anyone travelling through Athens airport in the near future?

Just a thought, would the airline who you flew with consider dropping it off at another airports lost property office?

I checked but apparently the rules do not allow it to travel without the passenger being on the same plane. It's a Samsung J3
    , not a Note 7...

Alternatively, anyone knows of a courier company that would not be too expensive for this?

Try a PM to vas (mostly found on the mobo forum), he lives down there, plenty of people have received and forwarded stuff from the UK to him, he might be willing to return the forum favour.

Alternatively, anyone knows of a courier company that would not be too expensive for this?
    Fedex have an office in the airport, dont know about costs, the reason i asked about delivering it to another airport is, i fly out to the Greek isles at the end of the month and would have picked it up and posted it to you in the uk.
    Lets see what happens, Jimmy the builders idea seems a good one.

How times have changed. In the good old days they would have flown it back to the UK on the next flight.
    Cynical Scots engineer.