Thread: Family cruiser

Default Family cruiser

Hi all, I currently have a Nic 30, and am considering an upgrade, spending about £30,000. I would like to draw from your experience as i am seeking a fast, stable cruiser, which i would like to put round the cans between cruises.

Default Re: Family cruiser

The x-302, First 33.7 and SJ320 are all in that price range, reasonably quick and have comfy interiors. I also like the old (Van de Stadt) Dehler 34 - competitive on IRC, fast, stable, great build quality and a nice finish down below.

Fast and stable does not always go together (do you mean 'powerful cruiser', which might be more about size?) and 'going round the cans' is also arguably a different priority than ''family cruiser' in the title.

More information needed. As always size, budget. We have budget and size of existing boat, should the new boat be similar or perhaps bigger?

Sail on the Medway, Kent from Chatham Maritime Marina

Having raced a Nich 30 when first launched, I can understand what you should be looking at. A top Westerly Fulmar would give you change from your budget. You could also consider the Storm and Ocean 33.

The Dehler 34 would be great for racing, but with more limited cabin space. Check this one out http://yachts.apolloduck.co.uk/boat.phtml?id=518389 (no connection). Also consider the Hustler 35 and UFO 34 as they were muscle IOR boats. If you want something larger then consider the Sigma 35, MG38 or Contessa 38 as all are available for around your budget.
    If my foresight was as good as my hindsight, I would be a multi-millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
    Having raced a Nich 30 when first launched, I can understand what you should be looking at. A top Westerly Fulmar would give you change from your budget. You could also consider the Storm and Ocean 33.

The Dehler 34 would be great for racing, but with more limited cabin space. Check this one out http://yachts.apolloduck.co.uk/boat.phtml?id=518389 (no connection). Also consider the Hustler 35 and UFO 34 as they were muscle IOR boats. If you want something larger then consider the Sigma 35, MG38 or Contessa 38 as all are available for around your budget.
    Mainly UK boats?

Siggma 362
    First 345 or 375
    Dehler 36
    Bavaria 34 or 36