Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    39

    Default Prestige 32 question

    I have a prestige 32 on the list of potential replacement for my current boat but there is no oven in the galley.
    Just wondered if anybody had fitted one and if so were there any issues?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Éire
    Posts
    3,584

    Default Re: Prestige 32 question

    Quote Originally Posted by trooper View Post
    I have a prestige 32 on the list of potential replacement for my current boat but there is no oven in the galley.
    Just wondered if anybody had fitted one and if so were there any issues?
    Is there a Microwave there currently? If so, you can replace it with one of those Mini ovens from Argos.

    This is provided you are planning on installing a 220v rather than gas.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    South East Wales
    Posts
    5,980

    Default Re: Prestige 32 question

    We are going through this exact same problem - made an offer on a Prestige 36. Also looking at a mini oven. So far, the Andrew James 20 litre mini oven is looking like the best option. I really need to get the microwave out and measure the absolute maximum dimensions (with an air gap) to see if one could go slightly bigger. I'll let you know how I get on and if you come up with a genius idea - please let me know.

    The lack of oven was the one thing that really put me off about the Prestige.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: Prestige 32 question

    Quote Originally Posted by alt View Post
    Is there a Microwave there currently? If so, you can replace it with one of those Mini ovens from Argos.

    This is provided you are planning on installing a 220v rather than gas.
    We have considered this but would really prefer a gas oven, we have tried a Halogen oven which is good but storage is a bit of an issue

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: Prestige 32 question

    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    We are going through this exact same problem - made an offer on a Prestige 36. Also looking at a mini oven. So far, the Andrew James 20 litre mini oven is looking like the best option. I really need to get the microwave out and measure the absolute maximum dimensions (with an air gap) to see if one could go slightly bigger. I'll let you know how I get on and if you come up with a genius idea - please let me know.

    The lack of oven was the one thing that really put me off about the Prestige.
    Thanks for that Shan, I would be interested to hear how you went on..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    London/SofF
    Posts
    1,522

    Default Re: Prestige 32 question

    Why not go for the Beneteau Antares 30? It comes with a gas oven as standard and there are more around for a wider choice?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: Prestige 32 question

    Quote Originally Posted by mcanderson View Post
    Why not go for the Beneteau Antares 30? It comes with a gas oven as standard and there are more around for a wider choice?
    Few things on the 30 which I'm not keen on but the major issue is that's its out of my price range.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    London/SofF
    Posts
    1,522

    Default Re: Prestige 32 question

    Fair enough

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Éire
    Posts
    3,584

    Default Re: Prestige 32 question

    We leave a 2" gap on top and 1" on the sides of our 220v oven, works perfectly and you can even heat your plates on top before serving

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    South East Wales
    Posts
    5,980

    Default Re: Prestige 32 question

    The trouble is the space is incredibly small.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to