Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Prestige 32 question

Old thread but interested in the outcome, any joy with an oven alternative and I’d any progress the gas option. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelighter View Post
    Hmm, not got any and can't host them even if I had.
    All I will say is I am very very impressed with it. It's only weakness is the grill - because it's shite. Ok, will probably do a toasted cheese sandwich but won't do bacon etc.

Anyway, the model is a daewoo KOC-9Q4T. I did loads of Rea search and it's the smallest full over microwave I could find.
    It does microwave, convection oven, grill (badly), combination (convection with MW), has a warming function and self steam cleans.

Buy it here for £90 http://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/...iABEgKxavD_BwE

It says don't put it in a cupboard, but I have and it's fine
    Hi Whitelighter, just a quick one on your post as hopefully you will have had more use out of the said combination oven/microwave. How has it worked out and would it be possible to fun it off a generator?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    Hi Whitelighter, just a quick one on your post as hopefully you will have had more use out of the said combination oven/microwave. How has it worked out and would it be possible to fun it off a generator?
    Hi

I used it loads and it works well, apart from the grill which is rubbish.
    Dies pizzas etc really well.

We run it off our genset all the time so yes it dies that easily

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    Old thread but interested in the outcome, any joy with an oven alternative and I’d any progress the gas option. Thanks in advance.
    We ended up with the "Morphy Richards Rotisserie Mini Oven", ordered from Argos. We have probably used the oven every single time we have been on the boat including at anchor. I refer to it affectionately as the 'doll's oven'. It does work well but as said, it gets pretty hot so, make sure you put in some heat protection and leave ventilation. In retrospect, I still would have preferred a gas oven as they are so convenient (no inverter* or battery issues) but we couldn't find anything that would fit the space.

We have done: roast chicken, roast pork, lamb tagine, beautiful roast potatoes, mixed Mediterranean veg, lasagne, etc, etc, etc (all made from scratch & no packet or bottled sauces) and all have worked beautifully. I have bought a selection of pyrex dishes with plastic lids and the pyrex works perfectly in terms of size and volume in the oven. Just to add, I have managed to cook for 8 on our boat using a combination of the oven and the gas hob.

* We added a dedicated inverter battery because we do use the oven when out and about.

I can't remember if it was mentioned: getting out the old microwave - it's screwed onto a plywood base which is in turn attached by screws only accessible from inside the cabinets below the oven. Get in there with a torch and you'll see what I mean. Not sure if it's the same on the '32 but that's how it's done on the '36

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234