Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Prestige 32 question

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelighter View Post
    Hmm, not got any and can't host them even if I had.
    All I will say is I am very very impressed with it. It's only weakness is the grill - because it's shite. Ok, will probably do a toasted cheese sandwich but won't do bacon etc.

Anyway, the model is a daewoo KOC-9Q4T. I did loads of Rea search and it's the smallest full over microwave I could find.
    It does microwave, convection oven, grill (badly), combination (convection with MW), has a warming function and self steam cleans.

Buy it here for £90 http://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/...iABEgKxavD_BwE

It says don't put it in a cupboard, but I have and it's fine
    Thanks for the info Whitelighter, I'll check that one out.

UPDATE: I looked at the Daewoo KOC-9Q4T combi microwave - unfortunately, it's too wide, which is a pity. The width of most combi microwaves has ended up being a massive problem. The only ones I could find that were small enough (not many) all had terrible reviews.

I have ended up finding a Dualit mini oven that will work with the dimensions and it also seems to have reasonable reviews. Going to get it this week and hopefully install this weekend. Will update thereafter.

https://www.dualit.com/products/mini-oven

Nisbets look to be the cheapest even with the VAT added on, assuming you can collect and don't incur a delivery fee.

I measured the gap as 464 x 292mm and reckon that this oven from argos would fit. Plenty of width either side of oven when you get it thru the gap http://www.argos.co.uk/product/9015742
    Per Ardua Ad Nauseam

One I had not stumbled across. It looks really good. I have not been to Nisbets yet, so, I'll have a closer look. Only worry is the power. I'm pushing my luck with 1300 watts on the other oven. I want it to be able to run off batteries and an inverter and we are going to have to massively up the battery capacity as it is.

Just ordered the one from Argos... Mr Shan is going to have to sort out the power side.

Do you need to have it powered from an inverter? I think we spend less than 10 days a year overnighting without shore power and on those evenings we usually eat out or make pasta on the hob
    Per Ardua Ad Nauseam

It would be preferable but I can make do without it if need be. I used the gas oven on our other boat quite a lot. Probably just need a bit of mental re-calibration.

My chief officer wouldn't let me buy a boat without a gas oven.
    I didn't like to argue.

Update: Turned the oven on at home and pleased we did. It off-gassed quite a lot - wouldn't want to do that in the boat! The oven gets pretty hot on the outside, so we will have to line the space with some heat proof insulation. Fortunately, we have some heat blanket left from when we line the Porsche bumper. In addition to this, I think we will need to install a fan to shift some of the arm air.

The oven seems pretty reasonable for a doll sized oven. You could do certainly a small chicken or a guinea fowl without any hassle. It seems to be quite sturdy and robust. Gets to temperature quickly and is fairly simple to understand. I'll update once it has been installed and we have cooked a meal in it.

All good so far then. Look forward to the update.
    Per Ardua Ad Nauseam

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast