Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Default Well done Alister Trotman

Well done Alister Trotman I didn't realise he had such a talent for cinema set dressing ! He's managed singlehanded or perhaps with the help of a few friends to turn the Center of Kingston into a film set resembling a third world scene from Miss Saigon let's just hope the EA appreciate all his hard unpaid work as much as I'm sure we all do.

Default Re: Well done Alister Trotman

Yep. If Miss Saigon was a musical about a white middle class dole scrounger, abandoned by her love interest called Swampy, who liked thumping tunes, crapping overboard and paraded around Kingston with a mangy dog on a bit of string, you'd be spot on

I wonder what Kingston council are doing about it? They seemed keen to join in when it was a joint operation with LBRuT and the EA, but seem toothless since Trotman moved in on their moorings. Their track record of mooring management is pretty dire, the 24hr moorings by the railway bridge says it all. I asked what they were doing about it and received a reply asking for my EA river licence number!!

There are two outside John Lewis now - can they not do anything? Or is it just easier to wait until they move and then it becomes someone else problem.

Kingston Council were quick to announce their moving on of a group of serial offenders, declaring that they were playing a game of cat and mouse with the others. 2 years later, it looks like Trotman is the cat and the Council is the mouse.
    He's certainly provided a talking point for the John Lewis cafe customers.

I get mildly annoyed when herring gulls sit on my boat and c**ps on the covers but - hey ho - they are herring gulls and that's what they do and they have no choice in the matter and I try not to let it ruin my day.

Alister Trotman on the other hand get's people to pay him so they can c**p in his boat and discharge it into the river a couple of hundred metres upstream from a children's watersports centre and a sea scouts centre and a couple or rowing and sailing clubs. This frankly makes me livid - not mildly annoyed. And unlike the herring gulls, Alister Trotman is a human being who is making a deliberate choice to be anti-social and put river users and his 'tennants' at risk through disease and fire resepectively.

The local authorities that permit his unlicensed and clearly dabgerous rented accomodation businesses to knowingly continue in their borough should look to how their counterparts are being held to account in a post-grenfell London.

I'm also quite annoyed that we will have to postpone a planned shopping trip to John Lewis for back to school stuff tomorrow as he's taken all the moorings. Compared to the serious problems he's creating however this is a trivial concern. Explaining to my 10yr old that we aren't making the trip as planned because ... yes he's behaving anti-socially and putting others at serious risk but we live in a society where there is no enforcement to stop him ... is more of a fundamental problem.

Both boats have now moved downstream 200m to Canbury Gardens, as of midday Friday, saw them being moved. EA person was sitting in van 100 yards away (something being done to their flow meter) and ignored them.
    C

Canbury Gardens have a very active and well connected residents association. He won't be there long.
    I reckon he's making his way back to Ham Lands, some of his old chums are there already.

If not long is 9 months, I was spot on
    Slumboat no.1 has moved a couple of hundred yards downstream opposite the bandstand. Trotmans tug was shuffling his assets about. I couldn't see the second slumboat. I heard that the land he was on was owned by e-on and they weren't responding to the local residents. Wether they're in communication with the EA is anyone's guess.
    Council Election time is nearly upon us and the only party that has any policy or has answered any queries re illegally moored boats in Kingston and Richmond are the Conservatives. The libs and the greens haven't responded. I'm hoping they'll knock on my door

I regularly visit Ho Chi Min City where my son has his business. If Kingston upon Thames wants to twin with Ho Chi Min City upon Mekong I am willing to help
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about....

The local Conservatives told a CARA meeting in October that they had the Trotman situation under control and it would all be sorted, don't worry, trust us we are the grown ups just you lot stop asking questions. We can all see the result of their efforts. As for the Lib Dems, they are in opposition and thus have little or no info on the admittedly complicated tangle of laws and bylaws and evasions.
    The Kingston tories have had 4 years to sort this, but they have not. Lib Dems could hardly do worse!

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast