Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Well done Alister Trotman

I saw the news item on BBC breakfast, good to see the council and the EA being shamed over the matter. What next? Trotman claiming it's an eco village with an offer of free manure for the flower show?

Wink Re: Well done Alister Trotman

Quote Originally Posted by normskib View Post
    ... perhaps the EA will just try to pass it off as a ferry boat station to the show !!!
    Well there's a lot of money to be made running a Ferry Service during the flower show so maybe Trotman will get in on that game too. No real barriers to entry as the EA and local authorities won't require him to have a licence, insurance, safe vessel, and all the usual red tape that commercial operators are required to have. And if he breaks down on the tidal section they'll give him a free tow back like last time.

Where have all the Slumboats gone? Just can’t help but wonder just who’s being graced with their presence! The only one I’ve seen of late has been plonked just of the bank by Hampton Court Bridge presumably so as not to invoke some Riparian By- law one can only assume that the rest of the fleet has crept through the Locks and gone further up stream no sign of them from the Bridge towards Kingston or Teddington.

Quote Originally Posted by normskib View Post
    Where have all the Slumboats gone? Just canít help but wonder just whoís being graced with their presence! The only one Iíve seen of late has been plonked just of the bank by Hampton Court Bridge presumably so as not to invoke some Riparian By- law one can only assume that the rest of the fleet has crept through the Locks and gone further up stream no sign of them from the Bridge towards Kingston or Teddington.
    About two weeks ago the other two and a tug were on the Hampton Riviera pontoons just above Molesey lock. Think the one below Hampton Court bridge may actually be aground.
    TMBA - Championing the non tidal Thames

Dominic Raab is looking for someone skilled in running rings around figures of presumed authority so maybe that's where AT has gone.
    When I was in the Navy ...

2 of Trotmans large slumboats and a couple of smaller cruisers he rents out are back at Hurst Park, where they were evicted from last year. The other slumboat was headed there too, but has indeed grounded and with the assistance of his tugboat(Buster), they've made a little bridge so his residents can continue to liveaboard and enjoy Hampton Court.
    How one man can continue to stick two fingers up at the courts(and seemingly get away with it for years) is beyond my comprehension. And he has the audacity to present himself as someone who's fighting for the rights of those who use the river!

Quote Originally Posted by Actionmat View Post
    2 of Trotmans large slumboats and a couple of smaller cruisers he rents out are back at Hurst Park, where they were evicted from last year. The other slumboat was headed there too, but has indeed grounded and with the assistance of his tugboat(Buster), they've made a little bridge so his residents can continue to liveaboard and enjoy Hampton Court.
    How one man can continue to stick two fingers up at the courts(and seemingly get away with it for years) is beyond my comprehension. And he has the audacity to present himself as someone who's fighting for the rights of those who use the river!
    This post hits the nail on the head^
    Proud to sport an 'utterly crap' avatar!

Really sad to see that this issue goes back so long and Trotman is apparently running rings round everyone. The problem has moved upstream to Hurst Park and just below the Molesey Lock.

Trotman appears to have 4 main barges in this area and there are a collection of very poorly maintained vessels moored with the main barges. As mentioned earlier by other posters, he must be breaching a whole heap of bylaws and safety regulation.

Elmbridge Council didn't know which department would be responsible, Surrey Council passed a complaint to Trading Standards, EA said the boats would be gone in the New Year (2019) and Bookings.com said they could only take a complaint if I had booked accommodation.

Hmm.. There's an idea..... I think I may go into this line of business myself (of course with better looking houseboats..

It seems like the rules surrounding running such a business are very relaxed and with little recourse in the event of non conformity.

A useful link to help keep this topic (Trotman) on the agenda for anyone interested.

https://hippohelp.com/host/sunny-sus...aning-painting

blimming heck must be the start of one of those "cults" popular in the USA backwoods....
    Where do we sign up ?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast