Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Well done Alister Trotman

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crusty View Post
    The EA is constrained by its powers under the Thames Conservancy Acts and the Inland Waterways Order 2010. As navigation authority, the EA cannot stop any vessel from navigating on the non-tidal river, it may only ensure that the vessel and master complies with the acts.

In the case of any vessel, provided it is registered and the fee paid, that is the end of the matter.
    Where in the EA's obligations does it say that it is obliged to supply a tug to pull barges which have (1) no power which are (2) downstream of Teddington Lock and (3) have no holding tanks up into the non-tidal river.

The EA was under NO obligation to do this yet did it did so, doing Trotman a huge favour which has allowed him to carry on polluting the river for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lower Limit 1909 View Post
    Where in the EA's obligations does it say that it is obliged to supply a tug to pull barges which have (1) no power which are (2) downstream of Teddington Lock and (3) have no holding tanks up into the non-tidal river.

The EA was under NO obligation to do this yet did it did so, doing Trotman a huge favour which has allowed him to carry on polluting the river for another year.
    Why ask me? Ask the EA, I only quote the acts, not their implementation.
    When I was in the Navy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Parabordi View Post
    Well i dont have an opinion on Trottman, so i dont class myself as a "Noisy Boater" (Jeeze you are annoying!) - but as someone that pays the EA nearly a 1000 a year, i do think they are as accountable in the same way as my local council that i also pay money to.
    I only wish the crap managament at EA could be voted out like a council.
    Only the councillors get voted in or out, not the staff who implement the policy but I guess you know that. Yes I am annoying, one of my better qualities honed over many years of dealing with complainants with a sense of entitlement.

As I've said before, if you don't like the way the Thames is managed, there are plenty of other waterways or the coast to explore. That said, from my recent experience on the canals, the management is probably the same wherever you go.
    When I was in the Navy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crusty View Post
    Only the councillors get voted in or out, not the staff who implement the policy but I guess you know that. Yes I am annoying, one of my better qualities honed over many years of dealing with complainants with a sense of entitlement.

As I've said before, if you don't like the way the Thames is managed, there are plenty of other waterways or the coast to explore. That said, from my recent experience on the canals, the management is probably the same wherever you go.
    Good heavens, you've actually been ditch crawling?? What a culture shock. At least on the River there are gaps between the boats (in some places).

Everything in the tone of your reply is what is wrong with EA management. Sigh

Spot the difference....
    Last edited by Parabordi; 08-05-18 at 13:04.

Ah Summer has arrived at last the smell of freshly cut grass the Sandmartins are already nesting at Raves Ait and of matter of course Alister Trotman has moved the first of his slum boats to the spiritual home at Teddington Lock with no doubt more to of his armada to for a carefree summer of free Moring drinking and much merrymaking and just Chuck it in the river when done!!! Just one more point it will be interesting to se if the new Lib-Dem council send in their Stone troopers to sort things out once and for all But do you know what I think ? To be continued ��

Quote Originally Posted by normskib View Post
    Ah Summer has arrived at last the smell of freshly cut grass the Sandmartins are already nesting at Raves Ait and of matter of course Alister Trotman has moved the first of his slum boats to the spiritual home at Teddington Lock with no doubt more to of his armada to for a carefree summer of free Moring drinking and much merrymaking and just Chuck it in the river when done!!! Just one more point it will be interesting to se if the new Lib-Dem council send in their Stone troopers to sort things out once and for all But do you know what I think ? To be continued ��
    He's in good company. Just downstream a huge gathering of Irish Travellers have occupied the field next to Ham House.
    For anyone thinking of mooring or dog walking near there over the bank holiday, don't. Last time they were here there was a mini crime wave and dogs were stolen. One cocker spaniel was recovered 6 weeks later in a Traveller site in Kent.

I don't understand why he cannot be moved on when on the EA property I.e. lock cuts etc. Don't tell me that they don't have the power to because it simply wouldn't have happened in the old TC days and probably not in the TW days

Quote Originally Posted by Newbroom View Post
    I don't understand why he cannot be moved on when on the EA property I.e. lock cuts etc. Don't tell me that they don't have the power to because it simply wouldn't have happened in the old TC days and probably not in the TW days
    He moved today. His tug placed a floating skip of water tanks at Canbury gardens, presumably to reserve 'his spot', then the big Slumboat left the lock and moved up river, under Kingston bridge with Trotman standing on the bow, master of all he surveys. I doubt if it's gone far. Playing cat'n'mouse with the shat'house.

Quote Originally Posted by Actionmat View Post
    He moved today. His tug placed a floating skip of water tanks at Canbury gardens, presumably to reserve 'his spot', then the big Slumboat left the lock and moved up river, under Kingston bridge with Trotman standing on the bow, master of all he surveys. I doubt if it's gone far. Playing cat'n'mouse with the shat'house.
    He certainly knows how to play the system

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast