Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Well done Alister Trotman

Quote Originally Posted by Parabordi View Post
    Everything in the tone of your reply is what is wrong with EA management. Sigh

Spot the difference....
    There is no difference, one was the next in the queue for the job, the other was parachuted in or get turned over. Both were appointed by the regional director to maintain the status quo because its easier than implementing constructive change that benefits all river users. And both have cloth ears.
    When I was in the Navy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Newbroom View Post
    I don't understand why he cannot be moved on when on the EA property I.e. lock cuts etc. Don't tell me that they don't have the power to because it simply wouldn't have happened in the old TC days and probably not in the TW days
    The EA does have the powers to move his boats but faces the problem of where to moor them. As a serial offender, they could just revoke his licence and remove his boats from the river then scrap them but won't as the legal process is cumbersome and AT will complain about his rights under the ECHR. So nothing will resolve this until residential moorings are offered by the local councils.
    When I was in the Navy ...

Surely you're not suggesting that the solution to the Trotman problem is for Kingston or Richmond to give him a residential mooring for his Slumboats?
    As has been mentioned many times, he's not homeless(he doesn't even live on his boats), he's a business, a fire risk and a polluter.
    What's needed is affordable hostel accommodation for his residents and the removal of his death traps.

He could have been scrapped, but the EA towed him back onto the non tidal and I still don't understand why? Now he doesn't need the EA anymore as he has his own tug and he's laughing at all of us.

All four Slumboats together at Hampton Court Bridge Anything going on that we should know about ? Maybe an all out assault on Hurst Park to join the rest of the Mötley Crüe !

Oh how I wish you'd all stop whinging about the slum boats and help draw attention to the need for those of us that pay significant registration fees to get better service when we use the river.

This years Customer Charter is now available on the .gov.uk website together with this years efforts to improve service at priority locks. I am particularly pleased that we have managed to get Temple added to the priority lock list - ie those that should not be double manned throughout the season.

You can access it here:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public..._content=daily

Do print off the Lock Priority chart and keep it on your boat. Also note that you can report locks unmanned during duty hours via the Incident Report Form on the TMBA website. You don't need to be a member, although it saddens me that many power boaters can't be bothered to fork out a fiver to help ! ( My thanks to those that do.)

I will keep buggering on ..........
    Last edited by boatone; 10-05-18 at 11:14.

Boating is expensive enough as it is, B1. Should we be driving people away or encouraging staycations and river use? Thames Waters extraction fee is where the shortfall should be met.

Quote Originally Posted by normskib View Post
    All four Slumboats together at Hampton Court Bridge Anything going on that we should know about ? Maybe an all out assault on Hurst Park to join the rest of the Mötley Crüe !
    I knew it. They're on their way to Harry and Megan's wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Actionmat View Post
    Boating is expensive enough as it is, B1. Should we be driving people away or encouraging staycations and river use? Thames Waters extraction fee is where the shortfall should be met.
    I have pursued the possibility of a greater contribution from Thames Water ad nauseam and constantly assured that they are being charged all that is legally possible - in fact there has recently been a suggestion that they may be paying more than they should be.

Whichever way you wish to argue it, the fact is that this government is intent on making a policy that those who use and benefit from assets and services should pay for them - that particularly applies to locks and lock keeping services which are primarily used by boaters. This is why it is so important that everyone who should pay actually does pay.

Quote Originally Posted by boatone View Post
    Oh how I wish you'd all stop whinging about the slum boats ..........
    I'm sure we'd all be happy to oblige. The problem is that until those that have the power to fix the problem actually do so, it's the only thing we can do.

If these multi-occupancy dwellings (described by a surveyor as a 'tinderbox') ever achieve their perilous potential to go up in flames or have a CO issue with significant loss of life (which hopefully never happens) your opposition to those that have campaigned against these illegal doss houses will appear as misguided as the deliberate support provided by the EA to help keep them running.

Quote Originally Posted by boatone View Post
    Oh how I wish you'd all stop whinging about the slum boats.
    But aren't you supposed to represent our views? Maybe that's why few join your Assoc.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast