Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Well done Alister Trotman

Quote Originally Posted by boatone View Post
    I vigorously challenge the EA re slum boat issues involving registration and mooring on EA land as I do on unregistered craft wherever they may be on the river. . It is up to local authorities and landowners to pursue matters re mooring on their land but they would rather lay the blame at the EA's door.

I note that you do not comment on the facts re river funding?
    Lots of comments have been made here on funding, including the most sensible from Dogsbody, sadly always ignored by you and your sidekick Crust

Quote Originally Posted by Parabordi View Post
    Lots of comments have been made here on funding, including the most sensible from Dogsbody, sadly always ignored by you and your sidekick Crust
    Not sure which specific comment from DogsBody you refer to. There are many well intentioned and sensible suggestions (I've even made a few myself) as to how funding could be improved but, regrettably, the EA need to be legally empowered to pursue them.
    I, and others, are constantly urging them to seek new legislative powers as well as ensuring they follow every opportunity to use existing powers to maximise current income.

In case you haven't noticed, Government has a few other issues to sort out including Brexit, the NHS, schools, immigration etc etc Sadly, waterways is not very high up on their agenda.

The fact is that government (taxpayers - that includes you and me) presently pays half the cost of the river and is intent on reducing its contribution. River users ARE going to face increased charges so get used to it - lockies' continued employment may well depend on it.

Disclaimers - it is not my personal responsibility to maintain and support the non tidal Thames. I am just one of many who give time energy and expertise to trying to make sure its a better place for boaters than it might otherwise be. Shooting messengers (or anyone else for that matter) is a criminal offence.

It is always brought up that the EA need more legislative powers.Why did the EA not ask for these pre 2010 when the IWO was being drafted ?
    In the cull of front line staff due to budget restraints,how many layers of management have been dispensed with?

Remember the 30%? increases in the 80’s to fund the sorting of the ‘bottleneck’ locks.....that didn’t get sorted did it....instead they built some shiny new offices.......same organisation different letters in the title.....was always thus....pay more and get less!

Quote Originally Posted by boatone View Post
    Disclaimers - it is not my personal responsibility to maintain and support the non tidal Thames..
    It is your responsibility when you take membership fees from people to represent their views not just yours.

err, sometimes, Para, people choose to join an organisation because it contains expertise and contacts far higher than that of an inexperienced individual.

In any form of democracy one has to hand over a certain amount of responsibility to those at the top.
    Last edited by sarabande; 11-05-18 at 12:35.
    I think, therefore I am. I am, therefore I sail.

Quote Originally Posted by Parabordi View Post
    It is your responsibility when you take membership fees from people to represent their views not just yours.
    Well some of us are more than happy to give B1 a fiver to represent us, Tony is one of the good guys.

+1 Tony Contributes a lot of his time for which I'm grateful

+2
    Why don't the people who moan the most step forward and pick up the mantle themselves rather than criticise people like Boatone who is doing a lot of work for the majority willingly and unpaid.
    I think he puts forward a balanced view that has proven to get results by what he has already achieved

Have you never complained about your local council or politicians? Are you a politician - so you are not allowed to have an opinion then?
    They are supposed to represent you!
    3 people dont make an association (2 of which are Windsor Yacht club members)
    So you think we should all pay £5 membership and then walk away and leave him to it.
    He said yesterday that he wished we would all stop talking about Trottman as its not he important issue.
    Its not a major issue for me but its important to a lot of people. If he is not going to represent members views, whats the point?

I'm glad to be a member, but I'm against any increase in the river licence fee above inflation.. I'm sure I'm not the only member who feels that way.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast