Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Well done Alister Trotman

Quote Originally Posted by Parabordi View Post
    It is your responsibility when you take membership fees from people to represent their views not just yours.
    So are you a member???

Not for much longer

Used to be. Got fed up with broken record

Quote Originally Posted by wrecktangle View Post
    Not for much longer
    What does that mean, not much longer for this world?

I was chatting to a man from the RNLI today. Trotman has been keeping them busy, as he's expanded his empire to include small unlicensed boats for rent as extra accommodation. All are a right state and have caused the RNLI to be called out due to engine failures midstream and god knows what else. And it's. It just adults, he has kids on there too. Which means Social Services can now be added to the list of agencies that have let us down,

I don't expect anyone who doesn't pass him on a daily basis to be bothered about it, but on this stretch of the Thames it's the biggest issue and It's getting worse, at this rate Kingston is going to look like the Regents Canal soon.

Just downstream from Trotman's floating toilet blocks which discharge directly into the river are:

- The Albany Park Canoe and Sailing centre - a facility where children inevitably end up in the water a lot.
    - Kingston Sea Scouts - ditto - but a bit more rowing.
    - Leander (Kingsoton) Sea Scouts - ditto - but they also do things like river litter cleaning - imagine what they are fishing out
    - Royal Canoe Club - ditto - would the EA like to come down and try some capsize drills among the human excrement?
    - Tamesis sailing club - ditto - etc.
    - Thames Young Mariners - a very busy and very facility providing water based experience to hundreds of young people per week
    ... and several more ...

It simply beggars belief that the EA are content to permit the direct discharge into the river of human excrement from an unlicensed multi-occupant boarding house anywhere let alone directly upstream of locations where children are regularly dunked in the river.

I await the usual dismissive comments about - budget cuts - blah blah - riparian land owners responsibility - blah blah - etc. with incredulity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lower Limit 1909 View Post
    I await the usual dismissive comments about - budget cuts - blah blah - riparian land owners responsibility - blah blah - etc. with incredulity.
    The EA could treble the licence fee and they stil wouldn't do anything about it., still passing the buck to the land based authorities but if it wasn't for the river he wouldn't be here, Guardians of the environmemt, my arse.

Given all these entreprenial activities surely EA should be calling on the services of HMRC ?

Quote Originally Posted by ashtead View Post
    Given all these entreprenial activities surely EA should be calling on the services of HMRC ?
    That's what everyone around here says. Why it hasn't been done is anyone's guess, but the jungle telegraph tells me that the media is interested again

Quote Originally Posted by Lower Limit 1909 View Post
    Just downstream from Trotman's floating toilet blocks which discharge directly into the river are:

- The Albany Park Canoe and Sailing centre - a facility where children inevitably end up in the water a lot.
    - Kingston Sea Scouts - ditto - but a bit more rowing.
    - Leander (Kingsoton) Sea Scouts - ditto - but they also do things like river litter cleaning - imagine what they are fishing out
    - Royal Canoe Club - ditto - would the EA like to come down and try some capsize drills among the human excrement?
    - Tamesis sailing club - ditto - etc.
    - Thames Young Mariners - a very busy and very facility providing water based experience to hundreds of young people per week
    ... and several more ...

It simply beggars belief that the EA are content to permit the direct discharge into the river of human excrement from an unlicensed multi-occupant boarding house anywhere let alone directly upstream of locations where children are regularly dunked in the river.

I agree wholeheartedly with this.
    I wrote out a long post yesterday along very similar lines but then didn’t bother with it after reading that if you have these views you are dismissed as an extremist.
    As with asking about the towing debacle,you are wasting your time,difficult,embarrassing questions get ignored.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast