Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Well done Alister Trotman

Quote Originally Posted by Actionmat View Post
    That's what everyone around here says. Why it hasn't been done is anyone's guess, but the jungle telegraph tells me that the media is interested again
    Well then somebody should be giving the media lower limits list of clubs that get children out on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynnbarr View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly with this.
    I wrote out a long post yesterday along very similar lines but then didn’t bother with it after reading that if you have these views you are dismissed as an extremist.
    As with asking about the towing debacle,you are wasting your time,difficult,embarrassing questions get ignored.
    You should post what you think even if others disagree, that's called healthy debate. As for the sewage matter, some of you may recall Andrew Graham, then Waterways Manager, stating at RUG8 a couple of years ago that the EA will only investigate cases of major pollution. I wonder if media interest might change that view given the potential health problems from waterborne diseases to rivers users downstream of AT's sh-t holes?
    When I was in the Navy ...

Every single individual has the capacity to campaign on his own account to try to change something he is unhappy about.
    This should take the form of contacting, by any means you have, email, telephone, snail mail or even a personal approach to the organisations/ employees/ or political folks which may be able to change something.
    It would of course be interesting to find out from those most critical with the situation on the Thames, just how much of time and effort they have personally devoted to contacting DEFRA and the EA to explain that there is a problem.
    So gentlemen, a quick post outlining the people/organisations you have been in touch with,for how long and their replies would be useful.
    Perhaps the existing pressure groups are missing a trick and could benefit from your experiences , no point them going over old ground you have no doubt taken considerable time and trouble over.

You've been very vocal about the liveaboards on the river of mud and pylons, if you really want to stir it, I can give you a stick and you can stand down stream of the Slumboats.

That's what everyone around here says. Why it hasn't been done is anyone's guess, but the jungle telegraph tells me that the media is interested again
    I am surprised no whistleblowing is taking place to HMRC as their powers are far more effective than anything EA can dream up There must be be many tax issues arising from the business activities that have been listed . You also might enquire how the occupants are funding their beds on board? Is there not a local liberal councillor who might take up the cudgels on behalf of the river users mentioned?

You've been very vocal about the liveaboards on the river of mud and pylons, .
    A hot topic at the moment with the MSBA.

I'm glad to be a member, but I'm against any increase in the river licence fee above inflation.. I'm sure I'm not the only member who feels that way.
    Also a member of TMBA (assume that is the membership you were referring to), 5 well spent in my opinion. Likewise I'll not support any above inflation increase to the license fee until the EA pursues other (non mobo) users for their fair share of the costs to maintain the river.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsBody View Post
    Also a member of TMBA (assume that is the membership you were referring to)
    Yes
    Membership came with two attractive stickers and some very helpful advice over the phone from Tony when my boat broke down. Not bad for a fiver
    Last edited by Actionmat; 14-05-18 at 08:49.

Yes
    Membership came with two attractive stickers and some very helpful advice over the phone from Tony when my boat broke down. Not bad for a fiver
    Thanks for the heads up - but, just for the record, you paid a little extra for the stickers !

Re supporting/not above inflation increases I met with Sir James Bevan, the Chief Exec of the EA, and other board members recently and I made it clear that the TMBA would not be supporting ANY further increase in registration fees unless we could be assured that it would not be followed by a further decrease in the Defra funding. Bear in mind that I am just one voice at the table and others have very different views and agendas.
    Last edited by boatone; 14-05-18 at 10:05.
    TMBA - Championing the non tidal Thames

Quote Originally Posted by DogsBody View Post
    Also a member of TMBA (assume that is the membership you were referring to), 5 well spent in my opinion. Likewise I'll not support any above inflation increase to the license fee until the EA pursues other (non mobo) users for their fair share of the costs to maintain the river.
    Another grateful vote for the redoubtable B1 - he put up with hours of waffle from the likes of EA (and others) in order to try and make the River more pleasant to use, only to be attacked by newcomers who know didy-squat but want him to do their bidding.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast