Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Well done Alister Trotman

That's one hell of a floating shanty town that's appeared opposite Hampton Court. A load of other boats have joined the camp, I've never seen anything this bad.
    Trotman was up at Molesey Lock this morning, using the sun drenched fence of the lock cut to dry a dozen duvets that they'd been washing in the river!

Quote Originally Posted by Actionmat View Post
    That's one hell of a floating shanty town that's appeared opposite Hampton Court. A load of other boats have joined the camp, I've never seen anything this bad.
    Trotman was up at Molesey Lock this morning, using the sun drenched fence of the lock cut to dry a dozen duvets that they'd been washing in the river!
    Jeez....

Quote Originally Posted by Actionmat View Post
    I hope the river he was washing the duvets in was up stream of his floating sewage works
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

I suspect the duvet 's will still be cleaner than the residents

Quote Originally Posted by No Regrets View Post
    I suspect the duvet 's will still be cleaner than the residents
    After seeing these pics of the sanitary facilities posted by a slumboat resident, I guarantee it.
    What do you reckon happens to the 20l container when it's full?
    https://www.indieframe.com/blog/show-item/187

'Is it dark yet?'

'Yes'

Gluguguguguguguguggggg....

What if you Thames people decided to use the writ of mandamus on the EA, and other agencies ? If ever there is cause to put one into action it is against the inaction displayed by official organisations.
    I think, therefore I am. I am, therefore I sail.

Including the now de rigeur attached 2-berth barely floating cabin cruiser that every 'permanently lived on and rarely moved half-derelict vessel' now seems to carry alongside it, I counted 22 'shanty town' boats at Hampton Court today spread across both sides of the river. It says something that, in context, Trotman's fleet of rental boats with rooms for 30 paying souls on board is just one part of a bigger problem even on just this 200 metre stretch of the river. No doubt word will continue to spread that it's a soft touch on the Thames and more exiles from the Canal network will soon join the Hampton Court Shanty Town.

I have no idea what all the visitors to the UK at Hampton Court Palace make of it but those at the EA that could be doing something about this but aren't should be deeply ashamed and somebody needs to hold them to account. Their silence on the matter is deafening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lower Limit 1909 View Post
    Including the now de rigeur attached 2-berth barely floating cabin cruiser that every 'permanently lived on and rarely moved half-derelict vessel' now seems to carry alongside it, I counted 22 'shanty town' boats at Hampton Court today spread across both sides of the river. It says something that, in context, Trotman's fleet of rental boats with rooms for 30 paying souls on board is just one part of a bigger problem even on just this 200 metre stretch of the river
    Many of those little cruisers are owned by one man. Trotman! He's been snapping up wrecks to rent out as additional accommodation. I know it sounds unbelievable, but I have that from a very reliable source. I just assumed he was a magnet for floating layabouts, but no, it's his ever expanding empire.

Meanwhile, the EA have instructed Teddington Lock not to let anyone pay for more than one night on their moorings. This is thanks to Trotmans last long term stay which will now affect everybody else.
    There will be some very unhappy boat owners during the next drain off and visiting clubs hoping to pay for a couple of nights while enjoying the local hospitality and waiting for the tide will also be disappointed.
    Yet again, the agency that dragged the slumboats back on the non tidal Thames are treating the rest of us with contempt.

Maybe just maybe now that Trotmans slum village has made BBC London local news and the Hampton Court flower show just around the corner someone will be held accountable for the ever growing health hazard on the opposite bank or perhaps the EA will just try to pass it off as a ferry boat station to the show !!!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast