Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: CQR anchors: Are they supposed to come apart like this?

Quote Originally Posted by laika View Post
    I've also realised that in selecting a new anchor I'm going to have to measure up to check it will actually work with the positioning of the bow roller and the windlass
    Nicky's has inherited the Rocna cardboard templates I made when checking this for my boat. Should be hanging on her wall somewhere for you to borrow, and when I bought our current Rocna 25 they agreed to match the best online offer I could find, which saved me the hassle of finding somewhere to ship it.

As for performance, can't complain at all. Just last night in Sesimbra it didn't budge one bit when we, uhm, verified the correctness of the pilot book, which read "deserved reputation for strong local northerlies"

Quote Originally Posted by GHA View Post
    Reasoning was there wasn't massive difference in cost factored over a few years with the discount and living on the hook year round once every few years a bit more size might actually be very welcome.... Bow won't notice an extra 5Kg, no downsides really. Very common amongst long termers on the hook to have something a bit bigger.

This wind was apparently 180 deg opposite to the forecast..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvEtLUb3WC4

Cue ##### to start going on about how we should all have lots of little anchors...
    Too busy sailing!

Quote Originally Posted by Neeves View Post
    Too busy sailing!

Quote Originally Posted by Yngmar View Post
    Nicky's has inherited the Rocna cardboard templates I made when checking this for my boat. Should be hanging on her wall somewhere for you to borrow, and when I bought our current Rocna 25 they agreed to match the best online offer I could find, which saved me the hassle of finding somewhere to ship it.
    Last Thursday, while waiting for a quick sewing job (great service!), I noticed some templates on the floor under a rack by the used bits section.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234