Default Walker log MkIIIa KDS - taffrail plates and remote cockpit speed display

I have bought a Walkers trailing log but it is missing the following bits:

- the slotted metal plates that screw to the taffrail
    - it is a KDS model, so it has a cable which connects to a separate speed display to give speed in knots. I am missing this box which is a grey cube with a display in knots.

If anyone has either of these parts please get in touch

Many thanks. Nick

Default Re: Walker log MkIIIa KDS - taffrail plates and remote cockpit speed display

Walker-KDS-04.JPGWalker-KDS-03.JPGHi, I cannot work out how to edit the thread, but just to say that the log is a Knotmaster Mk III a KDS, and further research seems to show that the speed unit is not the grey cube type but has a black face with the words knotmaster mk III a on it as in the attached photos

As before, please get in touch it you can help, Thanks Nick

Default Re: Walker log MkIIIa KDS - taffrail plates and remote cockpit speed display

Hi I am still looking

Quote Originally Posted by NickRoe View Post
    Hi I am still looking
    Easy enough to make the mounting plates from some sheet brass Can be flat rather than dished and mounted on spacers. LH and RHanded for mounting on the side decks !

Hi Vic. Thank you for the helpful reply. However I think that your metalworking skills must be a lot better than mine. I will have to stick to looking for some for sale.

Still looking if anyone has any

Still looking for the bits if anyone can help.

From South Devon, living SE coast Spain, boat in S.Spain

Bavaria 44
    Retro navigation - the way forward

Hi. I am still looking for the bits if anyone has any. Thanks Nick