Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Repower Princess 266

I have seen that one in France, I love the sand coloured upholstery and the clever sunpad on the front.
    It says its a KAD300 I am not familiar with that.
    I did email the broker and he got upset with me when I asked him what he thought the owner would accept? It seemed perfectly sensible to me as at 22k its not financially worth flying out and bringing it back to the UK though it might be nice through the french canals. I thought if he said £17-18k that might make it worth the effort! He couldn't or didnt want to answer the VAT/Tax question either

Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    It is not a Volvo engine but the GM truck V6 engine and considered bombproof big lazy unit and is used by both VP &
    Mercruiser OMC and many indigenous US marinisers.
    That was my understanding, its good to know the basic engine is likely to be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy90 View Post
    I have seen that one in France, I love the sand coloured upholstery and the clever sunpad on the front.
    I did email the broker and he got upset with me when I asked him what he thought the owner would accept? It seemed perfectly sensible to me as at 22k its not financially worth flying out and bringing it back to the UK though it might be nice through the french canals. I thought if he said £17-18k that might make it worth the effort! He couldn't or didnt want to answer the VAT/Tax question either
    KAD300 would be a nice single engine choice. Same basic unit as the AD41, simple and reliable, but with a supercharger and 4 valves per cylinder to give 285hp.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

I would suggest you ask for a full set of images (including engine) before you start talking about price...
    Ari

---------------------------------

If a man speaks in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong..?

No Regrets- It is Interceptor, do you know it?
    I used to pass it each year on my downriver trip, it was moored above Molesey lock. It is the best name on the river, especially with those sleek looks and the fantastic 'wavy name' on the stern! I always loved that boat for looks alone, and would just buy it and spend a few quid on it if I were you. I never ever saw it move over the last few years though. Stick in a hard offer and get the V6's up and running, and a bit of polishing and retrim the horrible floral stuff, and you'll have a legend!

Beautiful boat.

That's it the same, the owners are now in Weymouth. I will know more next week when the broker and more importantly the engineer is back from hols

Speak to Terry at Thames marine in Bray. like TBS, he'll only give you sensible advice...

The Kad32 would likely be ok in the boat, but you would need to change the drive to suit. At best you might be lucky changing the prop down a pitch or two (if DP B to A class). The truth is it will never likely be just right and not a sound financial idea, unless you never plan to sell.
    If you are Defo committed to changing the engine an idea might be to replace like for like or even better to an MPI 4.3/5.0 version or VP equivelant. Great engines, just like the originals.
    Are you sure the originals are that sick ? The risers and exhausts need changed every few years in the SW

So sadly it looks like this is not to be the owners have taken it off the market, I think the hard offers they received were just too much to swallow so they are going to sort the engines out(supposedly) and bring it back to the market!
    Thanks for all for your advice. I will keep looking

I see this boat is back on the market.

Did the OP (Snowy90) ever find the unicorn 266?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast