Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Repower Princess 266

I got caught out a bit, turns out the marina engineers bought it at what I had offered, got it running but from what I could see didn't do anything else, then tried to sell it last season and didn't! not smiling too much! where is it for sale now I cant see it?

Still looking but keeping an open mind about brand, so keen on Fairline, Sealine and Princess.

Has anyone tried finding a pair of working KAD32's in good knick recently? Like rocking-horse wotsit and silly prices.

A new pair of Hyundai diesel R200s and drives, with a 5 year warranty, would probably be cheaper than used KADs.

https://www.enginesplus.co.uk/hyunda...arine-engines/

Ivíe got a Princess 266 with a single VP 8,1gxi (full evc) from 2011 (420hp). Couldnt ask for a better engine for my boat. Cruising speed around 30 knots and top speed north of 45knots. At 30knots and 3200rpm Im not burning so much fuel aswell.

//

Anders (Sweden)

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTheGr8 View Post
    Ivíe got a Princess 266 with a single VP 8,1gxi (full evc) from 2011 (420hp). Couldnt ask for a better engine for my boat. Cruising speed around 30 knots and top speed north of 45knots. At 30knots and 3200rpm Im not burning so much fuel aswell.

//

Anders (Sweden)
    Thatís some going. If youíre figures are GPS....thatís beyond belief. Youíd think that hull would need twice the HP to do over 50mph.

The figures are from my Garmin 720s Maybe we have advantage here i Sweden because we paint the bottom each year (all boats go up because of the ice). The hull are Smooth as a baby every spring and all the water from the hull dryed up.

47knots with DPS-A Duo (4650rpm)

//
    Anders

The figures are from my Garmin 720s Maybe we have advantage here i Sweden because we paint the bottom each year (all boats go up because of the ice). The hull are Smooth as a baby every spring and all the water from the hull dryed up.

//
    Anders
    Hi there. I think something needs checked maybe. Running the numbers gives an impossible figure. Even if your drive was either of the most extreme end of ratios (2.3) and props available for the VP DPA...i come out with a mega negative prop slip with your figures, using 54 mph and 4650 rpm. Maybe itís me missing something. Lovely boats with any engines, I think.

//
    Anders
    Are you sure you plotter is not set to kph?

Cranchi 25ft with 2x205hp good for 47 knots so would not be surprised 47 knots with that single.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast