Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Default Re: N. Brittany - heading west

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try.
    The Wildfire was really good : service and food.

I am broadside to the wind in the marina and the boat is heeling as if I had a sail up....
    Good to know. Sitting this out in SPP but coming over when the weather breaks. 'Hopefully' you will be gone but if not I will buy you a pint!!!

Dum vivimus vivamus

Quote Originally Posted by dslittle View Post
    Good to know. Sitting this out in SPP but coming over when the weather breaks. 'Hopefully' you will be gone but if not I will buy you a pint!!!
    With pleasure if our paths cross.

I am still aiming for a Friday morning crossing if the forecasts remain OK. In which case I shall probably take the boat out over the sill to the waiting pontoon outside so that I will not be blocked for an early start.

72 knt gusts last night at the Needles....!!

From the Needles to the Nab, from Cowes to St Catherine's

Whats the swell like in there at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Grebe View Post
    Whats the swell like in there at the moment?
    I'm behind a sill and so I don't really feel any swell. The wind shakes the boat about a bit though.

Find yourself a good spot for the Air Show tomorrow.

I'm curious to know which was the French named restaurant where you experienced poor service. Initially, I thought there would be dozens that you could have been referring to. But, the more I thought about it, there are very few restaurants in St Helier with a French name.

If you get chance to try out the Green Olive restaurant (just off the Esplanade), let me know what it is like. I have had some good meals there in the past. But, when I tried to go there last summer it was closed. (I think they had a fire). Now reopened and recent reviews look good.

Another one definitely worth trying is Bistro Rosa, inside the fish market on Beresford St - assuming you like fish/seafood.

Quote Originally Posted by Angele View Post
    Find yourself a good spot for the Air Show tomorrow.

I'm curious to know which was the French named restaurant where you experienced poor service. Initially, I thought there would be dozens that you could have been referring to. But, the more I thought about it, there are very few restaurants in St Helier with a French name.

If you get chance to try out the Green Olive restaurant (just off the Esplanade), let me know what it is like. I have had some good meals there in the past. But, when I tried to go there last summer it was closed. (I think they had a fire). Now reopened and recent reviews look good.

Another one definitely worth trying is Bistro Rosa, inside the fish market on Beresford St - assuming you like fish/seafood.
    I'm told that the marina is just fine.

I will not name the restaurant here - but think of the French revolution.... I only went there having tried for a table in various others first.

I'm probably heading on early on Friday morning if the weather forecasts hold up. Ch 18 was giving current wind strengths at 33 - 38 knots at the pier head.

I'll see if I have time for a restaurant as I have a lot of last minute matters to deal with.

Thanks anyway for the suggestions.

And that Indian Summer...???

I'm told that the marina is just fine.
    Unless it is high water when the display is on, then at the very least I would be tempted to claim one of the benches by the Elizabeth Marina. Even then, you will be cricking your neck a lot.

The end of Victoria Avenue is better.

I will not name the restaurant here - but think of the French revolution.... I only went there having tried for a table in various others first.
    Ok. I know the one you mean, although i've never eaten there. Given your comments, I don't think I will.

Apparently, this time last year it was really really hot!
    So many of us 'stranded' by the weather. Here there is one Brit boat heading for Spain and another, like me, returning to UK.
    MontyMariner.co.uk
    Facilitated by AWESEM WP Agency

Still blowing 7/8 at St Helier 's pier head. May possibly now leave a day later to allow the seas to settle a bit...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast