Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default A great promo video from Princess

I don't recall seeing anything else out there up to this standard. Very different to the usual collage of a model wandering round accompanied by her slightly older partner.

It tells a story whilst at the same time showing us round a 35M yacht. I've never fully understood how these things were used in anger, now I know. Very clever cinematography, as a geek I'm watching it thinking how did they film this or that bit.

Ok, so there are times when the cheeseometer starts to flutter a little but it's an advert, tell me when the marketing dept show you perfect reality. Me sitting on the toilet with a copy of Exchange & Mart won't sell anything

What I found interesting was the fact you could only make the video because the boat is designed so well. It flows so well and all the spaces have been thought out. You couldn't for instance have made it on the Sunseeker 95 because the galley is a dead end, you can only leave or enter via the dining room unless you walk outside and then you upset the guests in the cockpit area.

Final thoughts have to be with the stewardess, what you wouldn't give to have her looking after you. I just fancy a ..... there you go sir, I think you were just about to ask for an Earl Gray tea, no sugar tiny splash of semi skim milk

Superb effort from a company who only a few years ago wouldn't say boo to a goose in the marketing dept.

I'm off to sharpen my video making skills......

Henry

Default Re: A great promo video from Princess

I think that's the video that Boats were promoting as a 'normal family' on board their boat. A little far fetched to call them normal perhaps but a top quality videos and beautiful boat none the less.

Yes, a very well presented film, sort of 'a day in the life'... I did expect the young boy to yank the glass of orange from grandma's hand and the glass fall into the sea.

Right, I'm off to expunge the Exchange and Mart scene from my mind!
    Oaf Orfe Hooks Hake

That's excellent .
    The multigenerational thing ,you see that a lot ,
    It shows how theses boats are used and from a Priny POV how good our layout is .
    The only improvement ,I noticed the tender was a missing from the garage , normally a crew member gets lumbered entertaining the kids dragging a ringo / skiing etc ,and dad prats about with either the sea bob of jet ski. Once his lungs are full of water ,crew normally put those away .
    Would have been nice to see grandma and grand dad + family getting in and out of the tender , going for lunch .
    But yes makes a change from a gaggle of modals + running shots on flat seas a million miles away from how you actually use it .

Here the oppersite approach to marketing --- in its day
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zvDXlDxMnb4

Quote Originally Posted by Cheery View Post
    Yes, a very well presented film, sort of 'a day in the life'... I did expect the young boy to yank the glass of orange from grandma's hand and the glass fall into the sea.

Right, I'm off to expunge the Exchange and Mart scene from my mind!
    I thought exactly the same

Never work with children or animals !

Henry

Yep, Henry
    There are loads of different filming techniques - all to great effect.

As an aside, I was trying to work out where they were anchored.
    I think it is just off Magrat - off Santa Ponsa - daytime shots anyway - not sure about the sunset and night shots though.
    99% sure it was Mallorca though.
    Maybe the local Mallorca based people on here can confirm.

That's indeed leagues above the typical marketing films. Makes it a lot easier to relate to the people and living on board... And really makes you want to own one...

A few armchair critic's humble observations: the quality was fantastic, both the camera work and the post production. Looked very cinematic and was cleverly executed. I also liked the audio effect on the music, and my only bit of criticism is that I thought that at times the sound didn't really match the environment the camera was in.

Hope to see more of these.

I bet their Audience retention %'s are impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by henryf View Post
    I don't recall seeing anything else out there up to this standard. Very different to the usual collage of a model wandering round accompanied by her slightly older partner.
    Agreed, I also don't remember to have seen any nicer boat promotional videos.
    Imho, the soundtrack could have been better, and you would expect a proper waiter to serve the drink to ladies first, but I'm being picky.
    Well done from Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by scubaman View Post
    at times the sound didn't really match the environment the camera was in.
    +1. In fact, I got a phone call while I was writing my previous comment, and I posted it before reading yours.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast