From the Needles to the Nab, from Cowes to St Catherine's

Default Poole Town Bridge?

Is anybody aware of whether the works on the bridge have been completed such that pedestrians can cross the bridge?

Thinking about visiting Poole and it will impact on whether we ask nicely for a berth at our preferred marina.

Default Re: Poole Town Bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Grebe View Post
    Is anybody aware of whether the works on the bridge have been completed such that pedestrians can cross the bridge?

Thinking about visiting Poole and it will impact on whether we ask nicely for a berth at our preferred marina.
    No. Latest guesstimate I saw was end of October. So berthing in PYC means a very long walk using the Twin Sails bridge. Alternative on the Hamworthy side is the small basin in the docks which has a water taxi to the quay, but not sure how often it runs. So the PHC haven on the quay is the only viable option if you are attracted by the fleshpots of downtown Poole.

From the Needles to the Nab, from Cowes to St Catherine's

Thanks, the issue for us was that most of the walk via the Twin Sails bridge into town is along a busy main road.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Grebe View Post
    Thanks, the issue for us was that most of the walk via the Twin Sails bridge into town is along a busy main road.
    Yes, I know as I travel it almost daily. However the part from the docks roundabout to the traffic lights is only busy for short periods when there is a ferry in or at Sunseeker chucking out times and the footpath to the bridge is good. Never actually walked the route, but I guess it is 30-40 minutes compared with 10 minutes if the town bridge was open. Still the club bar is very pleasant!