Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 129
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Trieste, UK and Argentina
    Posts
    3,997

    Default Re: Croatia vignette increases for 2018 (?)

    Coming from Trieste, the first (and most convenient) port of entry is Umago (Umag), where you can check in either at the town quay, as mentioned, or on the outer marina jetty, which is more convenient. And yes, there's a big communist-era tower on Punta Salvore that keeps a keen eye on all traffic. Don't forget to raise your Croatian courtesy flag as you enter their waters and DO NOT confuse it for the Slovene one...!
    ad damnum pecuniae per navis

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Home UK Midlands / Boat Croatia
    Posts
    15,895

    Default Re: Croatia vignette increases for 2018 (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Barnac1e View Post
    Did you invoke the pdf link I gave (this one) in that post where I copied the cost for Bob's 14m boat? It is the official Croatian Maritime "INFORMATION FOR BOATERS 2013" and I couldn't find any later edition. Perhaps you are not calculating the latest kuna-sterling rate.

    No, as RupertW points out, there is some uncertainty that the threatened Sojourn tax imposition for 2018 will be implemented - let's hope not - but I gave the worst-case scenario in case they do continue with the original intention as published.
    I didn't look at the pdf because it is not correct. This is the formula for the Vignette which has been unchanged for the last few years and is what I paid for 2017. I haven't yet paid for 2018 but I'm not aware of any changes:

    Navigation fee is calculated using LOA and engine power: fee = 20 * Length + 2 * Engine in Kilowatts
    For my 11.97 Metre yacht and 2 x 22KW engine = 20 * 11.97 + 4 * 22KW = HRK327.40

    In addition, the following has to be added: HRK 110 Light Dues, HRK 40 Sea Fees, HRK 20 Chart Fees giving a total of Vignette for 2017 of HRK497.40 . This is what I actually paid the Harbourmaster so £50 - £60.

    You misunderstand the Sojourn fees ..... I have actually paid in advance the same Sojourn tax for the year May 2018 - May 2019 as I paid last year irrespective of what the Government threatens or doesn't threaten. See my post #74 for more information.

    Richard

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Switzerland. Boat : NE Italy - Adriatic
    Posts
    4,433

    Default Re: Croatia vignette increases for 2018 (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    I didn't look at the pdf because it is not correct. This is the formula for the Vignette which has been unchanged for the last few years and is what I paid for 2017. I haven't yet paid for 2018 but I'm not aware of any changes:

    Navigation fee is calculated using LOA and engine power: fee = 20 * Length + 2 * Engine in Kilowatts
    For my 11.97 Metre yacht and 2 x 22KW engine = 20 * 11.97 + 4 * 22KW = HRK327.40

    In addition, the following has to be added: HRK 110 Light Dues, HRK 40 Sea Fees, HRK 20 Chart Fees giving a total of Vignette for 2017 of HRK497.40 . This is what I actually paid the Harbourmaster so £50 - £60.

    You misunderstand the Sojourn fees ..... I have actually paid in advance the same Sojourn tax for the year May 2018 - May 2019 as I paid last year irrespective of what the Government threatens or doesn't threaten. See my post #74 for more information.

    Richard
    Could there be two versions of the navigation fee (plus the other bits and bobs) for those resident in Croatia and those just visiting? There was never any calculation involving engine output when I have cleared in ... just a set price on length. Mind you, I haven't visited for the past couple of years so am probably not up-to-date.

    I don't quite understand where I misunderstand the Sojourn tax ... I originally gave the previous scale with a further post to amend to the one publicised for 2018 and warned about in this thread, which may or may not be implemented for those arriving later this year. Just because you got in early last year to pay for 2018 when no one in authority knew what was policy for the next year doesn't ensure it will not be in effect for others later.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Home UK Midlands / Boat Croatia
    Posts
    15,895

    Default Re: Croatia vignette increases for 2018 (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Barnac1e View Post
    I don't quite understand where I misunderstand the Sojourn tax ... I originally gave the previous scale with a further post to amend to the one publicised for 2018 and warned about in this thread, which may or may not be implemented for those arriving later this year. Just because you got in early last year to pay for 2018 when no one in authority knew what was policy for the next year doesn't ensure it will not be in effect for others later.
    All I said was "At least I'm not paying any more for the Sojourn tax this year" and you replied "No, as RupertW points out, there is some uncertainty that the threatened Sojourn tax imposition for 2018 will be implemented" so the bit you didn't understand is that the Croatia Government officially stated that if you renew your Sojourn tax for 2018 and renew it for the full year then you will only be charged at the 2017 rate. It's nothing to do with whether the new tax levels will be rescinded or not.

    But it's not important now so don't worry about it.

    Richard

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Switzerland. Boat : NE Italy - Adriatic
    Posts
    4,433

    Default Re: Croatia vignette increases for 2018 (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    All I said was "At least I'm not paying any more for the Sojourn tax this year" and you replied "No, as RupertW points out, there is some uncertainty that the threatened Sojourn tax imposition for 2018 will be implemented" so the bit you didn't understand is that the Croatia Government officially stated that if you renew your Sojourn tax for 2018 and renew it for the full year then you will only be charged at the 2017 rate. It's nothing to do with whether the new tax levels will be rescinded or not.

    But it's not important now so don't worry about it.

    Richard
    I have found my Croatian "Vignette" for 2014 (my last year there) and am prepared for some grovelling and humble pie scoffing.

    It shows the sequence of costs as: 240, 110, 40, 20, totalling 410 HRK

    Compared to 2012 (my previous year there) as: 840, 180, 40, 20, totalling 1080 HRK

    I absolutely cannot remember that last visit in the HM office of Umag when they made any sort of calculation or of my pleasure at a much reduced amount. Well, it's all in funny money, innit.

    I hope rtboss1 is noting that the Vignette cost will be less than half what I was quoting earlier.

    Of course, Sojourn tax will be on top of that, whatever it ends up as.

    Anyway, apologies to all.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Eastern Med ish
    Posts
    3,149

    Default Re: Croatia vignette increases for 2018 (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Barnac1e View Post
    I have found my Croatian "Vignette" for 2014 (my last year there) and am prepared for some grovelling and humble pie scoffing.

    It shows the sequence of costs as: 240, 110, 40, 20, totalling 410 HRK

    Compared to 2012 (my previous year there) as: 840, 180, 40, 20, totalling 1080 HRK

    I absolutely cannot remember that last visit in the HM office of Umag when they made any sort of calculation or of my pleasure at a much reduced amount. Well, it's all in funny money, innit.

    I hope rtboss1 is noting that the Vignette cost will be less than half what I was quoting earlier.

    Of course, Sojourn tax will be on top of that, whatever it ends up as.

    Anyway, apologies to all.
    No Problem, I can aford a little more even though it hurts
    never confuse education with intelligence
    Sailing the Aegean

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Home UK Midlands / Boat Croatia
    Posts
    15,895

    Default Re: Croatia vignette increases for 2018 (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Barnac1e View Post
    I have found my Croatian "Vignette" for 2014 (my last year there) and am prepared for some grovelling and humble pie scoffing.

    It shows the sequence of costs as: 240, 110, 40, 20, totalling 410 HRK

    Compared to 2012 (my previous year there) as: 840, 180, 40, 20, totalling 1080 HRK

    I absolutely cannot remember that last visit in the HM office of Umag when they made any sort of calculation or of my pleasure at a much reduced amount. Well, it's all in funny money, innit.

    I hope rtboss1 is noting that the Vignette cost will be less than half what I was quoting earlier.

    Of course, Sojourn tax will be on top of that, whatever it ends up as.

    Anyway, apologies to all.
    Don't worry Barnacle .... it's all a bit like Alice in Wonderland. I do remember the HM telling me that the Vignette had gone down in price so I thought that was great and Croatia was heading in the right direction. Suddenly a few years later, the Sojourn tax suddenly goes up 400% but that might change. Who knows what the hell going on?

    Richard

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Italy - Milan
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: Croatia vignette increases for 2018 (?)

    Agree: don't miss Croatia.
    Here's the best (and free) guide/pilot for the Croatian coast. Download it and use G translate to get a pretty good idea of what you might be missing ;-)
    Btw: the author, Italian, has been sailing along that coast for the last 30 + years and is a connoisseur of bays, islands, harbors, tavernas, restaurants, markets etc. You get many suggestions with pricing. He keeps the boat in Croatia and when he goes around almost never uses a marina. Enjoy.
    http://www.giorgiolano.com/Il%20Giorgiolano%202017.pdf

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Eastern Med ish
    Posts
    3,149

    Default Re: Croatia vignette increases for 2018 (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Barnac1e View Post
    I think you would be crazy to miss the chance to cruise some of the best sailing areas the Mediterranean has to offer.

    Yes, the entry cost is ridiculous and the marinas will be too - if you ever need to resort to any of them. But there is no need to as the islands and coast offer a multitude of anchoring possibilities.

    The further south you sail the lovelier it gets, although so does the charter traffic, but that's a small price to pay.

    Invest in a copy of the 777 Harbours & Anchorages: Eastern Adriatic - Croatia Slovenia & Montenegro 7th Ed 2017 guide and you will always find somewhere to get into.

    I have tried Amazon, not in print,
    Webster It, has it for £45 delivered
    never confuse education with intelligence
    Sailing the Aegean

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Switzerland. Boat : NE Italy - Adriatic
    Posts
    4,433

    Default Re: Croatia vignette increases for 2018 (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by rtboss1 View Post
    I have tried Amazon, not in print,
    Webster It, has it for £45 delivered
    If the website is to be believed, you can download it here - as a pdf, Kindle or ePub file - with a one month free trial membership of eBookRich.com. I haven't used that site and it seems too good to be true - especially as all the testimonials with their names do not have an authentic ring to them. In addition, they explain they do not have the books themselves but provide links to where they are available ... hmm. Could be a scam, proceed with care if interested.

    I myself have the German-language 888 version by the original Austrian author, Karl-Heinz Beständig, who sells it directly for €29.90 (£26) - see here.

    He couldn't keep up with the English translation version (original now up to edition 31) so allowed some publishers to franchise his creation and translate into English, Italian and Croatian ... it is they who now charge a price so much more than the last English version, for example, that K-H. Beständig published.

    They also made a marketing decision to keep the 777 title but incorporate all the same changes and updates, translated, that comprise the original and current German 888 version.

    .
    Last edited by Barnac1e; 09-03-18 at 16:06.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to