Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Default Re: Croatia vignette increases for 2018 (?)

@jim

A ok...
    Well I think that privately owned boats (not the one for charter) should have some special status. Nevertheless we visit marinas and sail also out of season. We pay (high) yearly berth places in cro. marinas, eat outside, shop etc.
    Marians in the northern part of Adriatic that is not so charter crowded as middle or south part (ibenik, Trogir, Split) are filled with private yachts. But marina owners just do not get it.
    If Kremik in the case of @RichardS dropped the prices, I do not know why north Adriatic marinas don't do it. And they are not full!!

When talking about marinas. There is (not so) silent war going on between marina owners and other that want to build small harbours, piers in new places. Marinas want to keep their monopoly position in the region.
    But more and more state concessions are being issued so hopefully things will change.
    I could write more about that but let's keep this thread about crazy tourist tax prices (and other taxes)...

Looks like Mallorca may be looking at the same type of scheme.

https://majorcadailybulletin.com/new...al-sector.html

Garold

I've just heard from my marina that a special dispensation has been granted that if you pay your Croatian Sojourn tax for the year 2018 year before the 31st December 2017 then then Government will accept the annual sum at the 2017 rates.

My marina say that they will pay the tax for me and add it to my 2018 bill and continue with the discount at the 2018 rate as already promised.

As my annual payment for 2016/2017 has just expired it makes sense for me to pay for a year from 1st January 2018 at the 2017 rate.

EDIT: I've checked since and mine actually doesn't expire until mid-May 2018. I've asked the marina if they can buy another year but forward dated from 1st May 2018 but if it has to be from 1st January 2018 to qualify for the dispensation then I'll take it anyway. I'll update when I get the clarification.

Richard
    Last edited by RichardS; 24-11-17 at 17:39.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    I've just heard from my marina that a special dispensation has been granted that if you pay your Croatian Sojourn tax for the year 2018 year before the 31st December 2017 then then Government will accept the annual sum at the 2017 rates.

My marina say that they will pay the tax for me and add it to my 2018 bill and continue with the discount at the 2018 rate as already promised.

As my annual payment for 2016/2017 has just expired it makes sense for me to pay for a year from 1st January 2018 at the 2017 rate.

EDIT: I've checked since and mine actually doesn't expire until mid-May 2018. I've asked the marina if they can buy another year but forward dated from 1st May 2018 but if it has to be from 1st January 2018 to qualify for the dispensation then I'll take it anyway. I'll update when I get the clarification.

Richard
    Amazing ..... My marina, Marina Kremik, have just emailed me the certificate for my annual Sojorn Tax running from 16th May 2018 through to 16th May 2019 for the same annual price as we have been paying for the last 2 years - 1100 Kuna.

And they've confirmed that my 2018 marina fees which they reduced by EUR500 to offset the much higher Sojourn Tax will still stay at EUR500 less than 2017 even though we have completely ducked the tax increase.

They didn't want me to add the Sojourn Tax to the marina fee and pay the lot together just now because the marina fees go to the marina group account so they asked me to pop into the office and reimburse them the 1100 Kuna in cash the next time we go down to the boat which will probably not be until May 2018.

Some people on here say that many Croatians can be a bit grumpy but I always say that virtually all the people we meet over there are really friendly and helpful. You really can't say fairer than the above.

Richard

Well luck you! You got a special treatment.
    In island Krk the story is not the same. I went to Port police (lucka kapetanija) to pay the tax but all I got was a raised voice by an irritated harbour master/captain and I could not pay the tax since my is still valid till june 2018.
    We are also expecting the change of prices in our marina. Somehow I fell they won't go down. But let's wait. I'll keep you updated.

Today I visited Novigrad (Istria peninsula) and it is not possible to pay the tax if you still have a valid one.
    Now I am just waiting what will happen with "my" marina prices and what Greece will do (will they go the same) and then I'll decide.

Owning a boat and paying high taxes so that fat bureaucrats can stuff their asses and do nothing except "allow" me to sail on the sea is such a stupid idea I can not digest.
    Last edited by alexsailor; 20-12-17 at 13:42.

Quote Originally Posted by alexsailor View Post
    Today I visited Novigrad (Istria peninsula) and it is not possible to pay the tax if you still have a valid one.
    It clearly possible to forward date in Rogoznica as my offical certificate at the 2017 rate is dated 16th May 2018 to 16th May 2019.

If you wanted to take up the Government on their "pay the annual for 2018 at 2017 rates" special offer it might still be cheaper than paying the new rate in 2018 depending upon how long you buy at a time. I'd be surprised if the Government won't allow that as why would they object to people paying two lots of tax for the same period?

Your marina should know all about this "2018 special offer" as it was the Marina Association which negotiated this concession with the Government, I believe.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by alexsailor View Post
    Now I am just waiting what will happen with "my" marina prices and what Greece will do (will they go the same) and then I'll decide.

Owning a boat and paying high taxes so that fat bureaucrats can stuff their asses and do nothing except "allow" me to sail on the sea is such a stupid idea I can not digest.
    We all in the same boat.
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678