Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stolen outboard

Default Re: Stolen outboard

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Clueless View Post
    I saw this on Facebook. Thieving twats. Did they break any anti theft devices? or were the engines open house? On Windermere, you can but the Cumbrian police engine covers to replace your own.
    On Windermere you can what??

Mine got stolen as well, a mercury 6hp 4 stroke, in CBYC ... I thought it was just mine. ****ing bastards (sorry for the bad words)

Loads of outboards on facebook for sale if anybody wants one Attachment 67234
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fergie_mac66; 12-11-17 at 10:49. Reason: deleting name on picture

Cut and sawed through everything! The only secure method is taking them home.

Quote Originally Posted by fergie_mac66 View Post
    Loads on facebook for sale if anybody wants one Attachment 67234
    The seller guy may be quite genuine,taking PX outboards from a dealer so be aware your statement could be libelous!
    If someone damages your reputation by way of slander or libel, you may have grounds to sue for defamation. "Slander" is the crime of making a false, spoken statement damaging a person's reputation. "Libel" is a false published, written statement damaging a person's reputation.11 Aug 2017

Duplicate
    Last edited by fergie_mac66; 12-11-17 at 10:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Quimby View Post
    The seller guy may be quite genuine,taking PX outboards from a dealer so be aware your statement could be libelous!
    If someone damages your reputation by way of slander or libel, you may have grounds to sue for defamation. "Slander" is the crime of making a false, spoken statement damaging a person's reputation. "Libel" is a false published, written statement damaging a person's reputation.11 Aug 2017
    Sorry I did not mean in my post and I emphasise nor was i in any way implying the seller glyn is selling stolen outboards i was pointing out that along with ebay gumtree carboots boatboots and many other areas where outboards are sold, Facebook is now a big sales place.By the way In the comments about the outboards glyn has said he will be posting the serial numbers .
    Last edited by fergie_mac66; 12-11-17 at 10:58.

Quote Originally Posted by fergie_mac66 View Post
    Sorry I did not mean in my post and I emphasise nor was i in any way implying the seller glyn is selling stolen outboards i was pointing out that along with ebay gumtree carboots boatboots and many other areas where outboards are sold, Facebook is now a big sales place.By the way In the comments about the outboards glyn has said he will be posting the serial numbers .
    Looks as though I was in law speak, I Just copied what the rules are!

The rules
    Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...f7XoYbubWQj.99

I got what you meant! Just wish someone could catch and make an example of these scrotes who rob.
    I would happily dump them in the muddy Pill...........which has up to 6ft deep mud!+

Quote Originally Posted by Hadenough View Post
    On Windermere you can what??
    Sorry, just seen this.....You take your own engine cowling off, and replace it with a Cumbrian Police canvas cover. The thieves won't nick it as they would have to go looking for cowls to make the engines sellable, and they can be quite dear. A simple but apparently effective method, which appears to be working. You buy the cowl from the Police or Lake wardens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12