Thread: 100mm Gauges

Default 100mm Gauges

Hi Guys

It appears that 100mm gauges are no longer in vogue!

My twin Cummins 6BTA set up has 2 tachourmeters where the hour meters (mechanical) have stopped working - I have found multiple different gauges that will do the job including VDO - but non of them are 100mm - they are all 85mm - am i missing something? Is there any reducing rings that anyone knows of?

I dont fancy making a whole new front plate up x2 or buying 2x new instrument panels!

Steve

Default Re: 100mm Gauges

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve View Post
    Hi Guys

It appears that 100mm gauges are no longer in vogue!

My twin Cummins 6BTA set up has 2 tachourmeters where the hour meters (mechanical) have stopped working - I have found multiple different gauges that will do the job including VDO - but non of them are 100mm - they are all 85mm - am i missing something? Is there any reducing rings that anyone knows of?

I dont fancy making a whole new front plate up x2 or buying 2x new instrument panels!

Steve
    I found the same thing when I changed from minigen to alternator sense tachos when i re-powered.

I found some at http://www.seahorsepower.co.uk/

As an interim I bought a pair of 85mm ones from Funreaux Riddall, I might be able to dig them out and sell cheap if of any use.

I do have a pair of minigen ones that work too.

Thank Ben

Glad i'm not the only one... As im in Aus - probably not the easiest place to send - but appreciate the offer.. I should have mentioned that the tachos are Mag pickup and with the built in hour meters - which then makes it harder still.

I'm either going to have to get some reducer rings - or make a whole new panel up.. I do have some nice carbon fibre to do this with though or I could get some plates engraved and paint filled to replicate what I have now.

I've just realised too that my gauges are this style (from a google search) - so may be a complete remake in the making!

I'll carry on searching for a solution

Steve

It may be easier to get a new panel made locally and replace all of your old gauges with WEMA or similar (https://wema.co.uk/collections/marine?page=2). I see they're doing free worldwide postage in Oct.

Thanks Pete

I can get Wema and others pretty well priced over here but will check the worldwide shipping out. I can make the panel (time is my issue) and a new layout, gauges and connections would probably help quite a bit! I have the fuel senders and gauges to replace anyway as one goes up as it empties and the other one goes the right way - but not accurate so was going to start again..

Now just to try and identify what the panels are normally made out of!

Steve