Thread: Berth Brokers?

Default Berth Brokers?

Apart from Triangle Berth Brokers, anyone know any good place to sell our 15mx5.6m berth at Mercury?

Default Re: Berth Brokers?

pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly625 View Post
    Apart from Triangle Berth Brokers, anyone know any good place to sell our 15mx5.6m berth at Mercury?
    Might be worth waiting as value might shoot up with the planned redevelopment of the marina and surrounding land

Quote Originally Posted by Boat2016 View Post
    Might be worth waiting as value might shoot up with the planned redevelopment of the marina and surrounding land
    well its certainly exciting times for Mercury, it has stayed pretty unchanged for 20/30 years... I remember it in the 1970's as parents had a boat there from 1970 to earlier this year, long over due the place is going to really smarten up, new restaurant, coffee shop, facilities, landscaped areas...and if they get permission a few houses

But, as to the berth shooting up in value. Its where folk park their boat, the value of these lease berths IF you have the capital and plan to spend at least the next 10 yrs boating is a bargain, the fact the berth is for 18 yrs means for a 50fter u can be on the Hamble for circa 4k a year plus MDL's maintenance charge (if you do a bit of man maths)... but will they go up because of the Mercury redevelopment... would be nice, but selling berth's seems a strange market.

I think a berth lease can count as commercial property from a pensions point of view.
    If you or someone in the family have a decent pot it could be worth investing in.

Reading between the lines you are after somewhere in the region of 70k for the berth?
    What is the current annual rate for a 15m berth on the hamble?
    1994 Ferretti 150 'Seralia'

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelighter View Post
    I think a berth lease can count as commercial property from a pensions point of view.
    If you or someone in the family have a decent pot it could be worth investing in.

Reading between the lines you are after somewhere in the region of 70k for the berth?
    What is the current annual rate for a 15m berth on the hamble?
    15m at any of the Hamble MDL's round about 12k.

Thought about keeping, but to long a walk for my wife... and will be moving boat to Yarmouth in a couple of years so one of those things we just think best to sell... but interesting comment you made Jez about it counting as commercial property, may need to take (even more) advice from those experts that like to charge the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly625 View Post
    well its certainly exciting times for Mercury, it has stayed pretty unchanged for 20/30 years... I remember it in the 1970's as parents had a boat there from 1970 to earlier this year, long over due the place is going to really smarten up, new restaurant, coffee shop, facilities, landscaped areas...and if they get permission a few houses

But, as to the berth shooting up in value. Its where folk park their boat, the value of these lease berths IF you have the capital and plan to spend at least the next 10 yrs boating is a bargain, the fact the berth is for 18 yrs means for a 50fter u can be on the Hamble for circa 4k a year plus MDL's maintenance charge (if you do a bit of man maths)... but will they go up because of the Mercury redevelopment... would be nice, but selling berth's seems a strange market.
    From what I was shown it looked good but not so sure that loosing 3/4 of parking/hard standing to build houses on is good, that will spoil a nice marina, it seems that houses are more important to MDL than running it as a marina