Default Replacement props for Volvo Sterndrive

Can anyone advise on how I could spec a correct replacement prop set for a DPS-M outdrive?

I can't easily make out any numbers on the existing props whilst afloat, probably due to a few years of antifoul build up.
    I have emailed the importer with the HIN number, but they haven't responded so far.

Can they be sized by taking certain measurements?

If the only definite method is to remove antifoul and read the part number, can anyone tell me where I would find the part number on the prop so I know where to scrape?
    There is nothing half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats.

Default Re: Replacement props for Volvo Sterndrive

Used to be on the boss between blades and the nut end after you remove the lock washer
    Could be either size or VP part number

Last resort go to dealer with boat details would get in the ball park but not a cigar
    Last edited by scottie; 17-10-17 at 09:13.

No lock washers on the DP-SM; they used Nyloc nuts. The part number is on the outside of the hub . Standard props were stainless steel, in which case the props were "F" type ( F1 to F9 I think). Aluminium ones were also available("D" series ?)If you can only read the "F" number off one prop, no matter, the other one should have the same "F" number. Some American boat builders, Four Winns for example, have the information on the standard props fitted, year by year and engine by engine. In their case "customer service/ fast facts".

If you are in Torquay then the European HQ for Michigan Marine is in Newton Abbot you can take your prop(s) there where they should be able to match it up.
    Pretty competitive prices no delivery may even to get a bit of discount
    http://www.mmp-i.com
    Back into boating Hip Hip Hooray............

Thankyou for your comments so far gents.

Michigan Marine was my backup plan, I live 10 minutes from them, so if no joy from the Volvo Penta dealers, or boat importers, I will remove the existing props and take the round to MM.

Quote Originally Posted by sprocker View Post
    Thankyou for your comments so far gents.

Michigan Marine was my backup plan, I live 10 minutes from them, so if no joy from the Volvo Penta dealers, or boat importers, I will remove the existing props and take the round to MM.
    What did they find/ recommend.; did they measure anything or just scrape off the antifouling to read the VP numbers? II ask as i'm interested in the relationship between Volvo "F" numbers and the pitch; I read somewhere that F6 = 26" pitch etc

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamHR View Post
    What did they find/ recommend.; did they measure anything or just scrape off the antifouling to read the VP numbers? II ask as i'm interested in the relationship between Volvo "F" numbers and the pitch; I read somewhere that F6 = 26" pitch etc
    They only do A & B series, so couldn't help me on this occasion. The UK importers came good in the end though, and traced the correct prop size through the manufacturers from the hull number.

When it comes to VP props.
    I have used this with some success in the past when repowering with a KAD42.

http://www.pentamarine.co.th/pdf/propellers.pdf

Glad that you managed to solve your problem through the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dill et Bound View Post
    When it comes to VP props.
    I have used this with some success in the past when repowering with a KAD42.

http://www.pentamarine.co.th/pdf/propellers.pdf

Glad that you managed to solve your problem through the dealer.
    now he has found his props ,just wanted to say how are you dill

Still around mate... PM... Sent....