Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Holding tank issues

Quote Originally Posted by bobgarrett View Post
    This is held down when the pump handle is locked and further prevents back leakage.
    Although that only applies to a Twist and Lock Jabsco and it doesn't appear that Gary has a T & L version.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    Although that only applies to a Twist and Lock Jabsco and it doesn't appear that Gary has a T & L version.

Richard
    Yep, I do not have the Twist and Lock version.
    1976 Westerly Centaur, GEMINI

The Earth but normally in the place of the high stream some where in Perthshire

The head mistress some years ago said " remove charcoal filters and let the air in or out . Reason aerobic versus aerobic digestion . So I took mine out no blockages and smell negligible .
    Only problem I have is since moving pump out pump into heads I get back flow but cured it by closing tank /sea diverter valve to prevent back flow to toilet
    Ah, gentle dames! it gars me greet ,
    To think how mony counsels sweet,
    How mony lengthened sage advices,
    The husband frae the wife despises.

Sounds like due to a faulty contents gauge you have overfilled the tank. This forces fluid , effluent and paper residue down the vent line. If this mixture finds a gauze or charcoal filter then you no longer have a vent line which not only pressurises the tank but may also prevent it being emptied as a vacuum will form. As others have said ,remove any filters etc so you have a direct vent line overboard. Note that even when pressurised any fluid in the vent line is free to move.

It is also possible your outlet to the pump out pump is blocked with crud so you could need the services of a pump out station utilising the deck pump out connection, if you have one.
    Are you sure you have all diverter valves etc in the correct positions for pump out or is the pump out line a direct overboard from the electric pump.
    Eastern Scotland and beyond.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12