Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Ongoing TAMD41A under power/ low WOT..ideas?

Hi, yes all done when we bought it and had the problems, filters stay clean now...bright red diesel in the bowls too with no sediment we had before and I treat it regularly. I think the probable cause of ongoing issue is remedied!
    Last edited by petrolhead63; 22-08-18 at 19:57.

Quote Originally Posted by petrolhead63 View Post
    Hi, yes all done when we bought it and had the problems, filters stay clean now...bright red diesel in the bowls too with no sediment we had before and I treat it regularly. I think the probably cause of ongoing issue is remedied!
    Good news!

Yes, I have used a chap twice now, once for this boat and once on our previous Storebro of 14 years. He is happy I work with him preparing and he is also practical and prepared to get dirty hands. He has the proper mobile polishing kit but is very keen I take off all plates, senders etc from the tank tops so he picks fuel up from the fillers and returns it through a big hole...here he can wave around the return pipe washing tank walls off etc.
    We also shine in torches and use "implements" to clean inside.
    It helps having a Storebro because they have quality stainless steel tanks so there is not fear of poking rusty holes in them!
    I shall not mention brands but I have seen it happen with another well known make.
    Both times our first filters have remained spotless after his work even in choppy crossings.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123