Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: IRC Rating cost changes for 2018 to benefit smaller boats ?

Quote Originally Posted by contendersailor View Post
    There are very, very few events that require an endorsed rating [Admiral`s Cup, IRC Nationals.....that kind of level] so for occasional racing the "standard" IRC rating will suffice. The IRC office keep a list of "Standard Hull Data" which is available online, so with a standard boat the form filling is easy. The HANSE 311, both keeel versions, is listed. Your sailmaker should have stored details of your sail sizes, again for the form. Sail measurement only required for endorsed rating. https://www.ircrating.org/technical-...dard-hull-data
    W.R.T getting a short-handed rating, you only need one if your yacht is configured differently for 2H or solo racing [and you can only use the SH cert when specifically stated in the SI`s]. If your boat is one size fits all, then getting a rating is no problem.
    I race exclusively solo and 2H, mostly Solent. Come on down and do some of the "Solo Offshore Sailing Club" races. We`re a friendly lot, socials both pre and apres race are important [with lashings of ginger beer!] and there is no membership fee or qualifications required to race [within reason]. Only race fees payable. Find us at http://www.offshoresolo.com/
    We get a wide range of boats sailing, classed seperately. Your class would include Hunter Impalas`, Sigma 33, Contessa 26 so wide ranging. Sounds like a historic game show but "C`mon down!".
    Regards, Tony [SF3200 "Mzungu" GBR8956R].
    I have been googling Solo offshore & did fancy having a go at a couple. I seem to recall a Hanse 301 doing quite welll-- if I have the correct series
    I have been in contact with officers of EAORA ( Used to do that in the 70's) & I need the full endorsed cert for seasons points to count or self cert for individual points per race. Cannot quite understand the difference. I will be meeting chairman in december to run through the safety details so will get the full SP then
    Thanks
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream believer View Post
    I have been in contact with officers of EAORA ( Used to do that in the 70's) & I need the full endorsed cert for seasons points to count or self cert for individual points per race. Cannot quite understand the difference.
    You can sail (and win) every race with the standard certificate, but would not be eligible to win the overall series (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by TLouth7 View Post
    You can sail (and win) every race with the standard certificate, but would not be eligible to win the overall series (I think).
    I will be happy if I get in the top half in any races !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12