Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I know how fast I'm going, but not where I am

Default Re: Solo trip to the Azores - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Glad to hear you survived total lack of wind in Scotland Patrick, most unusual!
    Oh, I don't know. On average the wind amount will be normal, just not very well distributed. It's all coming tomorrow!

Arrived. But thinking of a bit more east.

>10000 subscribers, thousands of views says you’re doing something right Patrick and there’ll always be critics.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks Just Saying. Oh, I'm far too old to be offended by critics (who often have at least an element of right on their side -- even if they express it unfairly.) They are often quite amusing. I was seemingly held responsible for a lack of wind in the Hebrides by one rather rude gent recently. :-) The vast, vast majority of people on my site are kind and offer constructive advice and/or words of encouragement. Sailing technique aside, it is enough to restore one's faith in human nature. I'll soon be 'retiring' from YouTube, but I don't regret the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Laine View Post
    I'll soon be 'retiring' from YouTube, but I don't regret the experience.
    That's a shame; I've rather enjoyed following your adventures. Like many here, I prefer them to the scuba diving bikini babes and beaus (even if that is a just a sign that I'm closer in age to you than them.)
    I found your parking techniques useful too, and no-one seemed to be able to explain a better way of doing it single-handed on a short pontoon.

Arrived. But thinking of a bit more east.

I'll soon be 'retiring' from YouTube.
    That’s a real shame Patrick.

Your videos have always provided an excellent insight in how to manage a single crewed boat, with a skipper having to make decisions we have all had to make, standing off the Azores (or anywhere) in less than favourable conditions, outrunning storms, gear failure, arriving in unknown ports, problem solving, SLEEP!

So many things and not a hint of BS that you sometimes get from other sailors.

And as you know, the life of the skipper is exactly the same even if say your wife is there to help with some of the watch keeping, mooring etc.

There’s a lot of responsibility being a skipper

Your videos demonstrated that really well.

We’ll miss your input and now just have Leo to look forward to:

https://youtu.be/3FJdat-GpJU

We’ve enjoyed the ride

Quote Originally Posted by Just_sayin' View Post
    That’s a real shame Patrick.

Your videos have always provided an excellent insight in how to manage a single crewed boat, with a skipper having to make decisions we have all had to make, standing off the Azores (or anywhere) in less than favourable conditions, outrunning storms, gear failure, arriving in unknown ports, problem solving, SLEEP!

So many things and not a hint of BS that you sometimes get from other sailors.

And as you know, the life of the skipper is exactly the same even if say your wife is there to help with some of the watch keeping, mooring etc.

There’s a lot of responsibility being a skipper

Your videos demonstrated that really well.

We’ll miss your input and now just have Leo to look forward to:

https://youtu.be/3FJdat-GpJU

We’ve enjoyed the ride
    +1 .. always a pleasure to watch and very relatable.

I'll soon be 'retiring' from YouTube, but I don't regret the experience.
    That's a real shame I'm no even a sailor (motor boat for me) and I really enjoy your adventures

Real shame endeed if we cannot see and listen Patrick's sailing videos again. They are best sailing videos there is. Practical and yes it is good that he speaks a lot. We have enough videos with sailing, sailing, sailing, one or two sentence, sailing..or bikinies/food/bikinies/food....Patrik is very clear when he speaks and he speaks about what the vaste majority of us wants to hear concerning boats and what it is like out sailing out there with an average boat. I got first interested about him because his family name Laine is a common name in Finland from where I am but then was hooked on his videos. Someone said his dialect does not refer him to be a French, but I understood from videos that he has been a pilot in French AF. He might also be a Swiss having a boat in France.

thoroughly enjoyed your films Patrick, Ive watched Christian Williams on his trips to Hawaii. Really liked his humour and thought provoking dialog.

Steveeasy

Quote Originally Posted by steveeasy View Post
    thoroughly enjoyed your films Patrick, Ive watched Christian Williams on his trips to Hawaii. Really liked his humour and thought provoking dialog.

Steveeasy
    My two favourite sailing blogs.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast