Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: Solo trip to the Azores - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
    My two favourite sailing blogs.
    And an interesting book.
    Cynical Scottish almost retired engineer.

Is there any chance you might leave the videos up, even if you don’t post any more up?

Thanks for the kind request KAL. I'm planning to sail to and around Iceland in the Spring/Summer of 2019. I'll bring my camera along, but am not currently planning to film the 'day-by-day' aspects of that passage. If there is something of interest/unusual, I'll film it and post, otherwise, probably not. I'll leave the other videos up until I return from that passage. There are lots of good sailing vlogs out there now. No need to continue with an old man's prolonged mid-life crisis. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Laine View Post
    No need to continue with an old man's prolonged mid-life crisis. :-)
    On the contrary, please do... I'm just starting mine so I look to you for inspiration

Thanks for the kind request KAL. I'm planning to sail to and around Iceland in the Spring/Summer of 2019. I'll bring my camera along, but am not currently planning to film the 'day-by-day' aspects of that passage. If there is something of interest/unusual, I'll film it and post, otherwise, probably not. I'll leave the other videos up until I return from that passage. There are lots of good sailing vlogs out there now. No need to continue with an old man's prolonged mid-life crisis. :-)
    I like them ... a lot.

Oh No... In a Ruth Archer voice from the Archers (BBC Radio 4)

Patrick as you lived in the UK for some years I hope you understand the humour.

I've really appreciated your video's and hope you continue doing some even if it is just the highlights of a trip. There are a small band of sailors who do the "real stuff" and record it skillfully, and you are one of them sir.
    Last edited by Sandy; 08-11-18 at 11:47. Reason: a comma
    Cynical Scottish almost retired engineer.

Many thanks to all for the kind thoughts. This YouTube thing turned out to be quite a bit of fun, so I am indebted to my daughter for persuading me to give it a try. (I only deleted 4 comments in all of this time for extreme vulgarity/rudeness. That was a huge surprise to me. The vast majoirty of people were polite and constructive in their comments/critiques.) I'm currently installing an inner forestay for a solent in preparation for my trip to Iceland next season. I don't want to commit to more videos, but I may be back. :-) Fair winds to all.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456