Default Reflagging a Spanish registration

A friend of mine, UK based but not currently on the forum is looking at a Spanish flagged boat which is currently in Alicante but he would move to Mallorca. Can anyone advise on the situation regarding reflagging the boat, in particular:-

1) As a UK resident will he need to deregister?

2) if reflagging isnít necessary what are the implications for keeping it Spanish registered?

3) If he does need to change whats involved in removing the Spanish registration and changing to SSR? Is there a cost to deregister? I know the cost of the SSR .

Would be grateful for any advice offered.

Thanks

Default Re: Reflagging a Spanish registration

Quote Originally Posted by MedDreamer View Post
    A friend of mine, UK based but not currently on the forum is looking at a Spanish flagged boat which is currently in Alicante but he would move to Mallorca. Can anyone advise on the situation regarding reflagging the boat, in particular:-

1) As a UK resident will he need to deregister?

2) if reflagging isnít necessary what are the implications for keeping it Spanish registered?

3) If he does need to change whats involved in removing the Spanish registration and changing to SSR? Is there a cost to deregister? I know the cost of the SSR .

Would be grateful for any advice offered.

Thanks
    yes he will need to re-register unless he wants to do the Spanish qualifications, continue with the Spanish safety check scheme and live more than 180 days a year there.

any decent local broker can sort out the Spanish de-registration and set up an SSR. I think it cost me 180 euros last year.

Default Re: Reflagging a Spanish registration

Thank you

Martyn