Question Volvo TAMD 31 P in Nimbus 280

Two issues. Firstly have just bought a 14 year old Nimbus 280 with about 1000 engine hours. At full throttle it seems to rev at 3600 as opposed to the 3900 quoted in the Volvo owners handbook. Speed at 3400 (200 down from max) is about 17 knots. How does this compare with others experience or should I be getting down to trying to improve this.
    Secondly - local Volvo agents says I should be concerned about the oil cooler which mounted at the bottom of the engine and is prone to corrosion and catastrophic failure. Any experience or comment on this.

Many thanks

Default Re: Volvo TAMD 31 P in Nimbus 280

Quote Originally Posted by Karisma View Post
    Two issues. Firstly have just bought a 14 year old Nimbus 280 with about 1000 engine hours. At full throttle it seems to rev at 3600 as opposed to the 3900 quoted in the Volvo owners handbook. Speed at 3400 (200 down from max) is about 17 knots. How does this compare with others experience or should I be getting down to trying to improve this.
    Secondly - local Volvo agents says I should be concerned about the oil cooler which mounted at the bottom of the engine and is prone to corrosion and catastrophic failure. Any experience or comment on this.

Many thanks
    I guess this must be some kind of motor boat. If so perhaps you will get more answers if you post on the "Motor boat forum"

Default Re: Volvo TAMD 31 P in Nimbus 280

Many thanks