Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243 LastLast

Default Re: Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cross View Post
    Fair enough Vic, though as you might expect I disagree with much that you have written here. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

FWIW The marina here is already fully booked for next winter.
    Hi Tony
    We never going to agree regarding the tax , has I said you see it one way and I see it another way .

I no doubts Crete if fully booked for next winter , the tax isn't in yet and most are hoping it won't be in , let's wait a year or two .

Anyway it's time we took time out arguing over a little matter that not going to change my life or yours,
    Surely that's something we can both agree with.

Plus we started to sound like two old women and between both of us we adding no useful input to it this thread .
    Last edited by sailaboutvic; 22-02-19 at 22:27.
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailaboutvic View Post
    And here another confusing statement .
    ( The new tax includes all private pleasure boats sailing under the Greek flag, professional pleasure boats, regardless of their flag, and professional tourism day cruise ships.

The tax amounts depend on the length of the vessel and the period of time spent in greek waters.)

https://marinaofagiosnikolaos.gr/blo...g-tax-te-pa-h/
    Quote Originally Posted by miyagimoon View Post
    From reading the Marina's notice I would say that the tax is not applicable to private non professional non Greek flagged boats like mine. Our boat is a private pleasure boat but not Greek Flagged (tax not applicable), it's not a professional pleasure boat (tax not applicable) and it is not a professional day cruise ship (tax not applicable). Therefore based on the above our boat is exempt the tax!

I think that may be where Vic is coming from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cross View Post
    Got it. I've passed that on to the marina. Many thanks to both of you.
    Thanks again for this, the marina website at https://marinaofagiosnikolaos.gr/blo...g-tax-te-pa-h/ has been updated.

It was simply a case of the writer not appreciating the (complex) nuances of written English. That has now been corrected.

The marina was keen to point out that the translation of the law that followed on that page was (and is) accurate. It was just that one paragraph overview that was less clear than it could have been.

Mostly harmless....

Is there any update on this please? Seems about a month to go until possible implementation. A stressful year of possibles and unknowns between Brexit and this tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
    Is there any update on this please? Seems about a month to go until possible implementation. A stressful year of possibles and unknowns between Brexit and this tax.
    Have another cup of Earl Grey and chill , stop stressing and enjoy the sailing .
    I can tell you now , no one going to know anything until April comes and good chance not even then
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
    Right now there has been nothing forthcoming from the Greeks.

We have been promised that we will have answers in the form of a Website with FAQs - hopefully they will answer my original list of questions and suggestions.

This is being translated into English in the next couple of days (but they said that 2 weeks ago)- mean while we have a slow moving complaint with the EU commission on the lack of publicity and information surrounding this tax which goes against our rights under EU law. Note that we are not complaining about the tax itself - that would fail - but about its implementation.

Watch this space - or for an advantage with more detailed info - Join the CA!

https://www.theca.org.uk/join

Latest on the Greek Cruising Tax - TEPAI

We have just been informed via the Greek Marinas association and from a member in Kalamata that the tax will start being collected manually on the 2nd April.

Owners who are unable to attend to pay or put their Vessels out of use, must engage an Agent to carry out this task.

WHat a F$K up.

I am hoping that my complaints to half the Greek Government may result in something.
    We are still not certain that you can be out of Use in the water - although the marinas association say you can, the Min of Finance said to us you cant!

In theory there will be many many owners facing substantial fines if that is what Port Police have been instructed to do.

Brexit has nothing to do with Brexit, insist Brexiters

Is there a list of these agents? Or can it be someone acting on your behalf?

I am advised by Gouvia Marina that they are expecting the on-line payment system, in English, to be operational before 2nd April.

Quote Originally Posted by comino View Post
    I am advised by Gouvia Marina that they are expecting the on-line payment system, in English, to be operational before 2nd April.
    There is are a lot of differing advice out there. The Greek Marinas assoc says use a Agent...... who knows.

manually by whom??
    The port police??

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243 LastLast