Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Bricks & mortar: Italy. Me & boat: Aegean

Default Re: Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

Quote Originally Posted by JFowler View Post
    it not fair to criticise people who give up their time for all our benefit.
    It most certainly is. Incompetence merits criticism whether paid-for or not. Well-meaning doesn't cut it.

However, I'm happy to applaud the efforts of Chris et al at the CA. Incompetent they're not, although dealing with an administration which may be is prone to give that impression.

An opinion. rtboss has another.
    Last edited by macd; 13-03-18 at 18:07.
    All epigrams are false

Quote Originally Posted by macd View Post
    It most certainly is. Incompetence merits criticism whether paid-for or not. Well-meaning doesn't cut it.

However, I'm happy to applaud the efforts of Chris et al at the CA. Incompetent they're not, although dealing with an administration which may be is prone to give that impression.

An opinion. rtboss has another.
    I would go along with Mac's view. Incompetence should not be lauded at all.

However, our ability to extract the necessary information from the Greeks might be becoming a bit of a joke! (if not incompetence). Questions get asked - Answers come about something completely different or normally , not at all. reminiscent of a Monty Python sketch.

As we have loads of people out on the ground (that included all of you), we should be able to get the first signs of implementation and then get between us a view on how it will actually work. If they do it this year it will have to be very soon, otherwise going live in May would be just so bloody stupid,

I am due to ring my contact - I have to take pot luck as my contacts phone is rarely answered!.

EDIT: Response just in from the Greek Marina association: There is no news and there have been no more meetings with the ministry.
    Last edited by Chris_Robb; 15-03-18 at 15:48. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by JFowler View Post
    I think you’ll find that much of the information as opposed to speculation on this thread comes from the CA. They do a lot of good work both publicly and behind the scenes. They don’t ask for your thanks, but it not fair to criticise people who give up their time for all our benefit.
    How sad! Did you not see the, lol.
    Last edited by rtboss1; 16-03-18 at 06:24.
    never confuse education with intelligence
    Sailing the Aegean

Quote Originally Posted by rtboss1 View Post
    How sad! Did you not see the, lol.
    Obviously some mis-interpretation about "lol"...................happens quite often I believe.

Default Re: Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA - Fines on DEKPA

Fines are a requirement of the Law
    Having talked to others and in particular the chairman of the Greek Marina's association, the Law sets out that fines WILL be imposed when a vessel is found not to have a valid DEKPA. Fines can be as much as 5,000 and as little as 500. The Law mentions no exceptions, bar one, which I am now researching - there is an "Out of Use" clause, but I think this will mean that you will have handed your vessel's papers in the Port Police or Customs - effectively putting the boat in Bond.
    If you know that you will be coming back late or missing a season, I think it would be sensible to follow the latter course of action.
    As Goldie pointed out with his experience at Levkas - thankfully it just seems to be one Port Authority - Kalamata - that is enforcing this.
    Although, some Port Police are stamping a renewal early, again the official view is that it must be renewed ON THE DAY it expires. The Ministry of Shipping say you can use an agent to do the renewal.
    There are some good laws and there are some bad......
    Greece however is still the best place to sail!

Well done.
    I might even join the CA, however, any club that accepts me....
    never confuse education with intelligence
    Sailing the Aegean

In the meantime in terms of advice I would try and get the DEKPA signed early if there is any chance you will be late back. The very worst that will happen is the Port Police will refuse and even then you could always try some where else. Personally I am aware of quite a few people who did get their DEKPA signed early without any problem and am not aware of any one who was refused. Does not mean it will not happen but it may mean a lot less worry over it.

Quote Originally Posted by rtboss1 View Post
    Well done.
    I might even join the CA, however, any club that accepts me....
    Bob - I am sure we would get used to you....

Quote Originally Posted by jordanbasset View Post
    In the meantime in terms of advice I would try and get the DEKPA signed early if there is any chance you will be late back. The very worst that will happen is the Port Police will refuse and even then you could always try some where else. Personally I am aware of quite a few people who did get their DEKPA signed early without any problem and am not aware of any one who was refused. Does not mean it will not happen but it may mean a lot less worry over it.
    Hi N
    we in Tunisia heading back to Malta in the morning hope C and you are well .
    anyway going back to the matter in hand , there no doubt with what Chris as said , if we return we will just throw away our old DEKPA and buy new.
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by jordanbasset View Post
    As always the Greek Port Police vary in their interpretation and perhaps Zelousness. Good advice, though.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast