Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25657071727374757677 LastLast

Default Re: Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

Quote Originally Posted by Artic Warrior View Post
    Speaking to the port police here tonight in evia they said even the paid receipt from the bank is not proof.
    they said they need the piece of paper where it shows the status is paid and printed out.
    So much for an online system if there is no central database that the PP can check. They make paying this tax as difficult as possible, and my payment seems to have gone into a black hole. My neighbour is a German guy who can speak very little English, and he knew nothing about the Tepai...

Quote Originally Posted by mbroom View Post
    So much for an online system if there is no central database that the PP can check. They make paying this tax as difficult as possible, and my payment seems to have gone into a black hole. My neighbour is a German guy who can speak very little English, and he knew nothing about the Tepai...
    Thats easy to explain, Chris has only sorted the payment to CA members ,the rest don't need to pay
    never confuse education with intelligence
    Sailing the Aegean

Quote Originally Posted by Artic Warrior View Post
    Speaking to the port police here tonight in evia they said even the paid receipt from the bank is not proof.
    they said they need the piece of paper where it shows the status is paid and printed out.
    how convenient, then i can pay one month and photoshop the month on the paper....
    :-)

And the sage goes on ....
    Greek cruising tax - filing boat papers with the authorities to get “out of use” status.

Heads up for anyone whose boat is in the water but wants to file for “out of use” - the Port Police here in Rhodes have taken the position that the official grace period until May 18th only applies to PAYING the tax, not to filing your papers for an exemption if you are not using your boat.

Despite the fact we have an official statement from the boatyard where we are moored that the boat has been immobile in the water for 18 months (we’re doing a refit), when we tried to file our papers today the port police insisted we pay the tax for this month by tomorrow or face penalties of EUR1000 or more. This was confirmed by two separate agencies here with respect to other immobile boats trying to file their papers this week.

Hopefully it’s only the Rhodes PP who are taking this position but thought it might be of use to let others know what the situation is here...
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

A good explanation how to register...."............

(When you click on it and get the blank page, that confirms your registration. You then go back to the website and enter the details you've just used to register and that takes you to the application form. Make sure at the end of the application you click the green button to temporarily submit. Scroll to the bottom and check the amount you are paying. Then click the red submit button, and then when the page changes click the red button again.)

Well if I wasn't lost I am now ..."........

North Wales, sailing Aegean Sea or Menai Strait

Quote Originally Posted by mbroom View Post
    I paid at the PO on Monday. Nothing yet shown tonight on the Tepai page.... what’s your secret? ��
    Did you click on the Print button? Seems to work even though I don't have a printer.
    Answers to some technical queries at new website http://coxeng.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by sailaboutvic View Post
    Greek cruising tax - filing boat papers with the authorities to get “out of use” status.

Heads up for anyone whose boat is in the water but wants to file for “out of use” - the Port Police here in Rhodes have taken the position that the official grace period until May 18th only applies to PAYING the tax, not to filing your papers for an exemption if you are not using your boat.

Despite the fact we have an official statement from the boatyard where we are moored that the boat has been immobile in the water for 18 months (we’re doing a refit), when we tried to file our papers today the port police insisted we pay the tax for this month by tomorrow or face penalties of EUR1000 or more. This was confirmed by two separate agencies here with respect to other immobile boats trying to file their papers this week.

Hopefully it’s only the Rhodes PP who are taking this position but thought it might be of use to let others know what the situation is here...
    I
    will pass this to the Greeks. I made this point 2 days ago to them.

This is expected but not in line with the point 6.3 of the FAQs. " It is clarified that in case of a ship located on land, it is not necessary to
    declare immobility just in order not to be due for TEPAI, as TEPAI is imposed on ships in
    Greek territorial waters"

Quote Originally Posted by vasant View Post
    This is expected but not in line with the point 6.3 of the FAQs. " It is clarified that in case of a ship located on land, it is not necessary to
    declare immobility just in order not to be due for TEPAI, as TEPAI is imposed on ships in
    Greek territorial waters"
    @vasant ......nothing and everthing is expected , as for the FAQ you can wave them at the PP till your blue in he face ,
    I have In The pass had the full copy of Greek law as it was writing at time of passing in Greek re getting DEKPA stamp and been told it's wrong and I had to do this and that .

I sorry to say no matter what is said here , what ever the CA does , these problems will go on and on .
    I think If I leaned anything in all the years I been in Greece is stand your ground if you know your right , in the end after being pass from one to the other someone will appear who have a little knowledge what he talking about .
    Or do as the Greeks , take no notice .
    Last edited by sailaboutvic; 17-05-19 at 07:08.

Vic - where did this info come from - let me know as I am always queasy of hearsay - I can get egg on my face and loose points with them (the Greeks)

Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25657071727374757677 LastLast