Page 62 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772 ... LastLast

Default Re: Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

Quote Originally Posted by grumpygit View Post
    Not wishing to add to any further confusion but I have just had this link passed on.

https://www.ibinews.com/regulation/b.../33063.article

This does appear to be something different from the "Cruising Tax". Locally in my Greek area it is believed that this has to be done for all boats in Greek waters regardless of length, such as RIB's, dinghy's, etc. whether powered by engine, sail or oars.

Can anyone please give some clarity to this or is this publication just misleading?
    Grumpy... refers to the system for Greek boat which stared a year ago

Quote Originally Posted by macd View Post
    You may have noticed the acronym AADE ( ΑΑΔΕ) in that release. aade.gr is the on-line fiscal system through which the cruising tax may be paid, although it also has many other purposes. Plenty of references to it in this thread.
    There is 600+ posts on this that you can't expect me or anyone to re read. I did a search with no avail and of course I noticed the giveaway AADE clue, but what the article is referring is a "e-register" and not a "cruising tax"
    Basically are they the same thing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Robb View Post
    Grumpy... refers to the system for Greek boat which stared a year ago
    Chris, you posted while I was typing my last post. I have not heard of this registration until yesterday and I can't seem to find anything on this site about it.
    A bit more news from here is that a Greek accountant has told the local boat owners of all flags that the cut off date is the 15th May but this will probably not be upheld.

Chris, you posted while I was typing my last post. I have not heard of this registration until yesterday and I can't seem to find anything on this site about it.
    A bit more news from here is that a Greek accountant has told the local boat owners of all flags that the cut off date is the 15th May but this will probably not be upheld.
    Actually 10 days grace so 18th

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Robb View Post
    Actually 10 days grace so 18th
    And the site is down until the 13th so there's no help there . . . . .
    I'm still not clear on the difference between the e-register and the e-TEPAI.
    For us, do we have to do both or does the e-TEPAI suffice as the e-register

of course I noticed the giveaway AADE clue, but what the article is referring is a "e-register" and not a "cruising tax"
    Basically are they the same thing or not.
    Registering and paying a tax are self-evidently not the same thing. But in order to use the site to do the latter you need first to do the former.
    All epigrams are false

Quote Originally Posted by macd View Post
    Registering and paying a tax are self-evidently not the same thing. But in order to use the site to do the latter you need first to do the former.
    Thank you macd for some clarity, once the site is up and running I will endeavour to make inroads.

And the site is down until the 13th so there's no help there . . . . .
    I'm still not clear on the difference between the e-register and the e-TEPAI.
    For us, do we have to do both or does the e-TEPAI suffice as the e-register
    vessels flying a flag other than GREECE do not participate in the electronic logbook when it does not concern you. TEPAι is a type of circulation tax in the maritime territory of GREECE

Quote Originally Posted by lask View Post
    vessels flying a flag other than GREECE do not participate in the electronic logbook when it does not concern you. TEPAι is a type of circulation tax in the maritime territory of GREECE
    That is why I initially asked the question because there seemed to be some confusion locally and perhaps on here. I think this below sums up your statement thank you.

5. Which ships must be registered in the e-boat register?

(a) Private recreational vessels with Greek flags
    (b) professional recreational craft with Greek flags
    (c) A professional recreational vessel of a flag of another Member State of the European Union
    The Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) or national flags
    outside the EU, under the conditions set aside between the Greek ports,
    hereinafter "foreign flag"

6. There is an obligation to enter into the Register of private trades with foreign persons
    flag?

It is not necessary to register in an e-register for vessels for a private vessel under a foreign flag
    Of Law 4256/14, however, remain liable for the payment of compensation for ships
    Recreation and Highways (TEPAI), in accordance with the provisions of the Law 4211/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by vasant View Post
    reading point 6.3 that no evidence is required to prove the boat is out of the water on the dry is very weird for greek authority.
    Usually you will have to bring so much evidence that you will prefer to pay.

In practise in areas where you know control is unlikely nobody will pay, except summer period where the PP is more active.
    Out of Use by being Hauled out was one of our campaign Mrs May items (red lines) I though that they were not going along with it. - But they have - I think the Port Police - who I lobbied from their side agreed with the Fear selling - of sheer numbers that they would be dealing with.

Next plan is to get the DEKPA brought into line with it, and then to get rid of the DEKPA which should in theory be redundant.

From the Greek point of view - what would their argument be to keep the DEKPA (apart from they have always had it) as the TEPAI seems to be a much better vehicle for controlling Greek not paying their taxes....
    Note: Only some that is - ie the ones that can afford to pay do not and vice versa.

Page 62 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772 ... LastLast