Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast

Default Re: Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

Quote Originally Posted by Nooka View Post
    The actual duty levels even for 12m+ don't seem unreasonable. I guess they have decided that the 12m step is the point at which a boat becomes a "luxury yacht". Funny thing is, 20 or 30 years ago we would probably have agreed with them, but it looks a bit odd today.
    Some might think that and my own (not necessarily the CAs) opinion is that the Greeks have an absolute right to raise tax. It just needs to be fair and easy to comply with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Robb View Post
    Vic - tongue in cheek about the 11.99 boat being cheaper - so maybe people will prefer them...

Higher rate is actually at 12.0 meters.
    Your still confusing me Chris
    I read it to say 10 to 12 meters @X and from 12.1 to 13@X
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Vic,
    You are obviously having a bad day!!!

What Chris was trying to say was that yachts 11.99m long and less may now attract a premium "sales" price Not a premium tax rate. ie People might now pay more for a 11.99m yacht as opposed to a 12.1m yacht!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crisjones View Post
    Vic,

What Chris was trying to say was that yachts 11.99m long and less may now attract a premium "sales" price Not a premium tax rate. ie People might now pay more for a 11.99m yacht as opposed to a 12.1m yacht!!!
    Thanks Cris - wasn't explaining myself well. But in terms of the charge rate change at the 12 meter band - its not exactly clear - the bill states 8 -12 meters and the €8 /meter charge is applicable to boats over 12 meters - so dont be exactly 12 meters or you could be in either bracket according to which port police you choose. Simple to clarify if exactly 12 meters on your SSR form. Perhaps Illegal but but you could measure it as 11.99M.

Quote Originally Posted by crisjones View Post
    Vic,

Yep got that Chris , I read some thing that wasn't there .

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Robb View Post
    Thanks Cris - wasn't explaining myself well. But in terms of the charge rate change at the 12 meter band - its not exactly clear - the bill states 8 -12 meters and the €8 /meter charge is applicable to boats over 12 meters - so dont be exactly 12 meters or you could be in either bracket according to which port police you choose. Simple to clarify if exactly 12 meters on your SSR form. Perhaps Illegal but but you could measure it as 11.99M.
    Ahh!!
    I see where the confusion came from now!!

Maybe a copy of Photoshop is cheaper than the difference between 11.99m and 12.1m :-)

This is really going to depend on what your last new DEKPA says now ,
    if you didn't have the foresight to sorted it before hand ,
    And if has they say it's all computer listed now , you going to have a problem .
    Wink wink if you know what I mean .

Do we know when we're actually going to be hit with this? It's been threatening for some years now so are they any closer to actually taking the money off us. And how is that going to be done - are they still keeping the PP fingers off it? On line?
    David Berry, "Time to go South" from Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by whiteoaks7 View Post
    Do we know when we're actually going to be hit with this? It's been threatening for some years now so are they any closer to actually taking the money off us. And how is that going to be done - are they still keeping the PP fingers off it? On line?
    To the best of my knowledge no high officials in the Greek Ministry of Shipping frequent this forum, so don't hold your breath for an answer. Do you seriously think that if Chris could answer what you ask he wouldn't already have done so? I can assure you he'd be delighted to be so privy to what's going on.
    All epigrams are false

How do I sell a 14.3-metre boat to myself, change its name and sell myself the shorter new name boat?
    I do have an SSR for a 11.9 m boat that is not in Greece? in fact its only in my imagination. My old Sunfast 39

serious question
    Last edited by rtboss1; 17-11-17 at 19:29.
    never confuse education with intelligence
    Sailing the Aegean

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast