Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
    Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.

Default Re: Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

Quote Originally Posted by rtboss1 View Post
    How do I sell a 14.3-metre boat to myself, change its name and sell myself the shorter new name boat?
    I do have an SSR for a 11.9 m boat that is not in Greece? in fact its only in my imagination. My old Sunfast 39

serious question
    Just go to the MCA website and register your "new" boat with its " correct" length. Remove old SSR numbers, replace with new. Obtain new DEKPA and Robert is your mother's brother. All fine except that eventually someone will clock your 14m boat is somewhat longer than the registration papers. All the more likely as you increasingly find port authorities requiring the SSR documents to base their charges on.....

Quote Originally Posted by sailaboutvic View Post
    This is really going to depend on what your last new DEKPA says now ,
    if you didn't have the foresight to sorted it before hand ,
    And if has they say it's all computer listed now , you going to have a problem .
    Wink wink if you know what I mean .
    Well we managed to get from Crete, through the Aegean, around the Peloponese and all the way up the Ionian earlier this year without needing to get the new DEKPA. So if we decide to return to Greece next summer we will just do a normal check-in and get a new DEKPA at the same time, I will just have to check how long we are but my tape measure is very difficult to read cos all the numbers are very worn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crisjones View Post
    Well we managed to get from Crete, through the Aegean, around the Peloponese and all the way up the Ionian earlier this year without needing to get the new DEKPA. So if we decide to return to Greece next summer we will just do a normal check-in and get a new DEKPA at the same time, I will just have to check how long we are but my tape measure is very difficult to read cos all the numbers are very worn!!!
    We did too, and we went back to Greece in September. Made sure we got out by the 26th September deadline for a new DEKPA though!
    Sail repairs for cruisers by cruisers

Quote Originally Posted by crisjones View Post
    Oh it's you who I borrow my tape measure to and not got it back . .
    I sorted my problem in advances just in case I return back and the tax reared its head .
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Oh it's you who I borrow my tape measure to and not got it back . .
    I sorted my problem in advances just in case I return back and the tax reared its head .
    Vic,
    You should start charging people to borrow your special "Greek Tax" tape measure.

When I bought the boat in 2015, I had counted on visiting the med. I've been keeping an eye on things ever since, and it got a little worse every year. Now we're at the door (Algarve), we might just turn the other way instead. Croatia and Greece were both destinations we had in mind, but all of this is a bit off-putting for us cruisers on a budget, especially with a boat just over 12m.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngmar View Post
    When I bought the boat in 2015, I had counted on visiting the med. I've been keeping an eye on things ever since, and it got a little worse every year. Now we're at the door (Algarve), we might just turn the other way instead. Croatia and Greece were both destinations we had in mind, but all of this is a bit off-putting for us cruisers on a budget, especially with a boat just over 12m.
    I wouldn't let it put you off , there ways and means around some things , I can tell you for a fact , there people who been cruising around Greece for years and never had a DEKPA, some how I don't think this tax is going to bothered them , fines or no fines , I mean they have to catch you first before they can fine you , plus there other ways to keep the taxes cost down.
    Last edited by sailaboutvic; 18-11-17 at 10:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngmar View Post
    It's not any better the other side of the pond , we have many friend who are cruising over there and they are for ever complaining, if it's not thief , it boat boys , when ashore you looking apoud easy rich targets .
    Visa for getting into country , regulation we not heard off the list goes on , plus if you need to get back home flights are a lot cheaper from western/eastern Europe.
    Just one word of warning , you still have to get pass southern Spain before finding good cruising grounds .
    And the Med isn't just Greece , that the mistake many make , they get to Greece and there they stay .

I wouldn't let it put you off , there ways and means around some things , I can tell you for a fact , there people who been cruising around Greece for years and never had a DEKPA, some how I don't think this tax is going to bothered them , fines or no fines , I mean they have to catch you first before they can fine you , plus there other ways to keep the taxes cost down.
    Ah, tax dodgers - delightful.
    Fools know they are right.

Quote Originally Posted by macd View Post
    To the best of my knowledge no high officials in the Greek Ministry of Shipping frequent this forum, so don't hold your breath for an answer. Do you seriously think that if Chris could answer what you ask he wouldn't already have done so? I can assure you he'd be delighted to be so privy to what's going on.
    If Chris feels annoyed by my asking I'm sure he could speak for himself. Seems you have sore corns.
    David Berry, "Time to go South" from Amazon

Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast