Page 8 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast

Default Re: Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

Non EU flagged yachts.

We are checking today if there is a change and that all vessels have to have a DEKPA, however, I assume that the TL may perform for you, what the DEKPA does for us EU flagged boats - ie act as the registration document. I hope Tony Cross, my spy in Greece will get an update from his Marina Manager.

Pat - how about looking at Joining the CA - loads of help on our forums and up to date Cruising/Port/anchorage info on Captains Mates which can be run from your smart phone. See www.theCA.org.uk

As it stands now Chris , no one going to be launching the second part of a month so marinas and PP are going to be busy first weeks of each months .
    I suppose there been no news about if your late getting the DEKPA restamp late ? ( after the 12 months are up )
    Last edited by sailaboutvic; 24-01-18 at 09:58.
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

****ing bureaucrats are destroying our free life.

Vic raises a good point. As things stand, even if we do move to Turkey; if we plan to sail the Dod's for a couple of weeks, we will have to be mindful of only sailing between the 1st and 14th or we're up for an extra months charge! Even Croatia doesn't do that.

The Caribbean is looking prettier by the day.

PT

And there was I thinking it was all going to get simpler with time. sigh.......

Quote Originally Posted by sailaboutvic View Post
    As it stands now Chris , no one going to be launching the second part of a month so marinas and PP are going to be busy first weeks of each months .
    I suppose there been no news about if your late getting the DEKPA restamp late ? ( after the 12 months are up )
    Vic. It will really overload the system and it is so unnecessary. Mind you our road tax is done the same way.
    We will be pursuing this more and the DEKPA issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Robb View Post
    Vic. It will really overload the system and it is so unnecessary. Mind you our road tax is done the same way.
    We will be pursuing this more and the DEKPA issue.
    System? since when has there ever been a system. lol
    never confuse education with intelligence
    Sailing the Aegean

We spent 5 months cruising in Greece last sumer spending something the region of £15000 ( including family visits). Our overwintering costs plus some maintenance/ refit will take that to £25000. The VAT tax take on that was 24%, roughly £4800 as well as the obvious commercial benefits to the area.

As a result of the introduction of this new tax, we shall cruise one more season in Greece and then leave, much sooner than planned. The Greek authorities tax take from us will be much lower because of this tax. Whilst I don't think for a moment the tax will affect the charter business, I suspect other cruising yachtsman will also vote with their feet but whether in sufficient numbers to cause a rethink( like in Sardinia) remains to be seen.

I respect the right of the Greek government to introduce any tax it chooses. In this case it doesn't seem to be a wise or productive one.....but what do I Know?
    “Nothing is more dangerous than an idea when it’s the only one you have.”
    (French philosopher Emile Chartier)

http://Yacht.silverfox.googlepages.com

Any idea how much money they are talking here?

Looking at the thread for my sub 10 m boat (just) I will be paying 150 euros for the 6 months over the summer and nothing while in the marina. Not the end of the world for me

Page 8 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast