Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Insurance Company Recommendations Please.

Thanks all for the replies.
    After doing many quotes I have gone with GJW Direct who were very well priced and even gave me a discount knowing I’ve never held yacht insurance before.

Cheers
    Alistairr.

Thanks for letting us know.

It would also be good to know how you get on should you ever be unfortunate enough to make a claim. That’s the measure of an insurance company as I see it.
    Adventure before dementia

Quote Originally Posted by parsifal View Post
    I have been insured with the East Coast Mutual Yacht Insurance Association for more than 12 years. The premiums have changed little over that time and they don't require you to have a survey or mind you sailing single-handed.
    Do you have an address or contact email.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SimonFa View Post
    Thanks for letting us know.

It would also be good to know how you get on should you ever be unfortunate enough to make a claim. That’s the measure of an insurance company as I see it.
    Hopefully that’s a post I’ll never be making!!

From my experience of the way GJW dealt with quite a large claim while in France I think you will be fine. They were very professional, quick to respond and paid out in full with no quibble

Amazing isnt it. 30 replies and no one has anything bad to say about their insurers. What other field would that happen in?
    My own experience, (Navigators, Knox Johnston, St Margarets) has all been good but then my last claim was in 1988.

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    Amazing isnt it. 30 replies and no one has anything bad to say about their insurers. What other field would that happen in?
    Perhaps people are actually reading their insurance policy and understanding what is covered. House and car insurances seem much of a muchness with price being the major discriminator but boat insurance can vary widely between companies on what is actually covered. I am insured with Pantaenius with optional new-for-old but had to extend the standard coverage to include all of the British Isles - previously it was south to Gibraltar and north to Bergen - with cover for consequential losses, racing, single-handed (no 18 hour restriction), swinging mooring, and more, which matches my use of the boat, all at a price I don't begrudge. When I have shopped around, I failed to find a company offering the same level of cover though obviously the reduced cover suits many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
    GJW Direct have served me well. Very prompt response to a couple of small claims and they take a pragmatic approach to rigging renewal intervals. The premiums are competitive too. No connection etc, etc.
    No, no, no ! Avoid GJW if a boat they have insured breaks off its mooring and crashes into your vessel, GJW will not pay out. EVIDENCE : A full two page artical in this magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUE View Post
    No, no, no ! Avoid GJW if a boat they have insured breaks off its mooring and crashes into your vessel, GJW will not pay out. EVIDENCE : A full two page artical in this magazine.
    Interesting. Did they pay out on the legal costs of the insured owner to defend the court case?

Quote Originally Posted by Wansworth View Post
    Do you have an address or contact email.Thanks
    http://mutualyachtinsurance.com/

Sorry for the delay, I haven't looked at this thread for a few days.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast